Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even know I had this on my car until the warning light came on and one tire was about 6 PSI low. Anyone know the threshold on this? Didn't see it in the manual.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
234 Posts
How can I tell if I have the TPMS on my Canadian purhased Sorento?

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
there's little differences in us and canadian models; canadian sorentos dont have tpms as standard, but we do have fog light as standard even on base models while us models dont have any..

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
As far as I can tell, the Sorento has Active TPMS (sensors and whatnot), and the 'let the air out' idea will work.

But on other vehicles with TMPS (Like my Octavia) its a passive system, that detects tyre pressure based on rotational speed, etc.
I put the spare on and 5km later, the light came on. I freaked out for a sec, but the info display said check tyres and then I realised. :D

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX 4cyl AWD 2012 Sorento EX V6
148 Posts
Ordered a Canadian Sorento EX-V6 which the dealer states does have Tire Pressure Monitor. They could be mistaken of course, or maybe it's the passive system.

Previous LX I4 had no issues with swapping tires, nor did it ever give a warning one one tire did have a big leak. I have experience with other cars that use the passive TPM and I believe the leak was big enough that it should have given a warning if monitoring is present.

So does anyone know for sure if the Canadian Sorento's have passive or active tire pressure monitoring? Is it on certain models only?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts