Kia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL front wheel drive v6 auto
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Sorento SXLV6. I have one a C1332 code. Front left Sensor fail. Has anyone had any good luck with buying an after market sensor if so what brand was it?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0 tGDI AWD
270 Posts
are you sure it's the sensor and not the receiver? swap 2 wheels and see if the code follows the wheel or if it stays with the same vehicle location. if it moves, it's the sensor. if it stays, it's the receiver or the wiring to the receiver at the wheel.

Reactions: missingcurlybracket

·
Registered
2015 Sorento SX AWD
2,012 Posts
Odd, I have put winter tires on various vehicle without sensors. TPMS light comes on thats all and normal. Its just missing so why a code. Its likely something else.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento SX AWD
2,012 Posts
Well I assume a tire shop is going to install it since the tire has to be separated from the rim to install. So why don't you call and get a price from them. Surely they'll use some make that going to work in their opinion. Its their time otherwise.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL front wheel drive v6 auto
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I switched the front wheels and the code stayed the same. What should I look for now. When I look the code up online it says rear wheel sensor. My reader says C1332 code. Front left Sensor fail

·
Registered
191 Posts
Confirm the failed condition by selecting all wheel sensors in graph mode and driving, look for any drops or no signal.

This could be a sensor, failed impulse/tone ring, rust jacking, or a damaged wire.. Needs diagnosing.

Reactions: Petso

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
2,374 Posts
Confirm the failed condition by selecting all wheel sensors in graph mode and driving, look for any drops or no signal.

This could be a sensor, failed impulse/tone ring, rust jacking, or a damaged wire.. Needs diagnosing.
Only the higher end OBDII readers have realtime graphing of TPMS.

@aepowell
Your code (C1332) really is for the front left on a Kia. It's really for the "#1" sensor, but there isn't 100% consensus on what #1 is by the manufacturers! Here's the Kia lineup:

C1332(Front Left)
C1333(Front Right)
C1334(Rear Left)
C1335(Rear Right)

@leo42.2875
Tone ring, wheel speed sensor or damaged wire would create a whole list of different dash lights (ESC, ABS, etc.). The C1332 code the OP reports is specific to the TPMS, not wheel speed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Only the higher end OBDII readers have realtime graphing of TPMS.

@leo42.2875
Tone ring, wheel speed sensor or damaged wire would create a whole list of different dash lights (ESC, ABS, etc.). The C1332 code the OP reports is specific to the TPMS, not wheel speed.
I am aware that the higher end scanner will be able to graph. I am also aware that some TPMS use the speed sensor to confirm the tire rolling circumference.
Normally the sensors are numbered from the driver front clockwise.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
2,374 Posts
I am aware that the higher end scanner will be able to graph. I am also aware that some TPMS use the speed sensor to confirm the tire rolling circumference.
Normally the sensors are numbered from the driver front clockwise.
Then you'll know that odds are fairly slim that the OP has a unit that will graph TPMS in realtime. 95%+ of those used by consumers won't do it. So the OP would most likely need some alternative troubleshooting advice.

A Kia C1332 code will, I can assure you, NOT be caused by wheel speed sensor errors.

A wheel speed sensor failure will generate all KINDS of other issues, though -- the dash will light up like a Christmas tree due to failures of AWD, ESC and ABS systems, and will generate at least four different codes all at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts