Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I want to buy new alloy rims with winter tyres for my sorento 2019 LX V6 AWD. I have found a good deal for both but need to also install tpms sensors. Shop wants to charge 4x60$ for the tpms sensors quite some money. Can I buy cheaper tpms sensors on internet and are those reliable? Anyone any suggestions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the replies. Non doesn't really ring a bell I'm afraid.
I've seen several on Amazon and eBay indeed but struggle to determine which ones would really work.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am interested in this as well. I am looking at a set of 17" 2018 Sportage wheels with tpms or buying aftermarket rims and installing tpms sensors.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hi. I want to buy new alloy rims with winter tyres for my sorento 2019 LX V6 AWD. I have found a good deal for both but need to also install tpms sensors. Shop wants to charge 4x60$ for the tpms sensors quite some money. Can I buy cheaper tpms sensors on internet and are those reliable? Anyone any suggestions?
Have a look at Rock Auto >> https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/kia,2019,sorento,3.3l+v6,3442241,wheel,tire+pressure+monitoring+system+(tpms)+sensor,12036
VDO makes good stuff, and it's 4x$30 instead of 4x$60.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
844 Posts
Used on prior Santa Fe with good results.
Yes, have a local dealer (Kia or Hyundai, take your pick) use the shop's GDS tool, or find an independent that has their own TPMS tool to get the unit IDs installed in the ECU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts