Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have had some trouble with my 2007 Kia Spectra5. In April I have replaced all 4 of TPMS sensors. All was good until August. TPMS light kept coming on and off. I took my car to Discount Tire where I got sensor from. They erased the light and said they could not tell why the light was coming back. All devices are reading.
Light came back on again after a while, I went back to Discount tire again and again but they can't tell why.
I thought my final method was going to KIA . They said they reprogrammed and light was gone. But it came back again after I drove 100 miles.
In total resetting of program was done 4 times and still I have no clues.

Can anyone help me? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
You did not say, so I'll ask...
What pressure COLD are you setting the tires at? If more than stated on the tire placard of the vehicle(NOT the tire sidewall) and in a high temp area after 100 miles(straight?) tire pressures WILL increase and too much pressure will also turn on the TPMS light.

·
Super Moderator
6,838 Posts
The dealer should be able to tell you which TPMS sensor(s) are causing the TPMS light to come on... If the same sensor(s) are causing the errors then they should replace the sensors... You may have a bad one (or more) reporting air pressure problems when there is none... Get a readout from them and when the error reoccurs check to see if it is the same sensor... It might take a few times visiting the dealer but you should be able to find the offending sensor...
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer should be able to tell you which TPMS sensor(s) are causing the TPMS light to come on... If the same sensor(s) are causing the errors then they should replace the sensors... You may have a bad one (or more) reporting air pressure problems when there is none... Get a readout from them and when the error reoccurs check to see if it is the same sensor... It might take a few times visiting the dealer but you should be able to find the offending sensor...
Dave
Hi! Sensors are fine and reading the gauge. I dropped by auto shop nearby and asked. It could be TPMS module which is causing the error. I need to have my car checked again. I can still drive but really bugs me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Fujigoku
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing