Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
51 Posts
I am on a waiting list for one through Hitch Web. It is a class 2 hitch. On Feb 10th they said it was about a month from being finished. You can contact them at Hitch Web and ask for Greg. Or phone 800-300-4067 ext 707

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
106 Posts
I just bought a Curt hitch with drawbar for $160 shipped. 2000lb capacity and 200 lb tongue weight.

I had good luck towing with my previous gen Hyundai Sonata 5spd 4cyl towing a 4x8 Uhaul enclosed trailer across country (weighed about 1700lbs loaded).

I'm thinking this kind of towing with the Amanti will be a breeze.
I was especially excited to find the Amanti has a large fin type power steering cooler and large external transmission cooler from the factory.

I've since bought an enclosed 6 x 10 single axle trailer (weighs 1300lbs empty)that I use the Aviator to tow with. It has a 38 sq ft frontal area, but is rounded for less wind resistance. Of course the Aviator tows it like its not even there.

I want to be able to use the Amanti to pull it around town (no highway) just in case, when the wife has the Aviator. My only concern is the trailer's sail area, and of course it is not far from my towing capacity (2000 lbs) empty.

My Amanti weighs 4100lbs full of fuel, not including my 220lb self, so I doubt this trailer is going to be wagging me around. Heh.

Can anyone post their experience with towing with the Amanti?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts