Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any Sedona/Carnival owners tow a trailer or caravan?
How does it perform when towing? I have heard they go quite well but any first hand experiences would be good.

Thanks

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lots of views but no replies :(

Will find out this weekend as its my first outing with the caravan. :p

Yes I know mobile chicane...... me :lol: you :angry:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Never towed with one personally!
But plenty of customers cars come in with towbars, so looks good!

In theory it should be a good car, nice long wheelbase for stability, and a very torquey engine to drag the chicane along :p

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well to anyone who maybe interested.
Had over 700 miles on the clock so it was time to put it to the test.
Have towed a 21ft caravan on 2 occassions now with absolutely no problem at all. Just have to be a little careful on wet grass but with the engine being so "torquey" it just pulls away on tick over no problem..
In comparison to my previous tow car this is far better for road use but as my last car was a RAV4 it comes second when the going gets muddy, suppose that is to be expected though. Fuel consumption not bad as well upper 20's on the mpg front so well pleased :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, Only owned my Sedona 2.9 TDi for a month now and had a towbar fitted to it straight away! I must say it pulls my 21ft caravan (1300kg) no problem. You wont even know the caravan is attached to it.
I previously owned a Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 Tdi but it had to go due to the snaking and uphill struggle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In that case, my Pennine Pathfinder folding camper should be a doddle to tow wih a MPTLM of 1000kg!

2.9CRDI auto (due to left leg problems) and Kia detachable towball + twin electrics. Should be rather easy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
I tow a twin wheelbase Elddis Superstorm (1800KG) and have done for nearly 800miles thus far - even with 3 teenage boys, 5 mountain bikes and food for a week, it still pulled the van up the notorious Telegraph Hill, M5 at Exeter. OK I was down to 35mph, but the 2.9TDi just kept on rolling. :D
As an aside, I used to pull the van with a Galaxy 2.0 petrol. That used to snake (being 1/2 ton lighter) and I could never get it into 5th - it just didn't have the balls. I finally gave up when it did - stuck on a hill and couldn't get going again!
As for fuel economy, I got (believe it or not) 42mpg for the first tankfull! - OK, I was very careful and ran it at 70(ish) for 300 of those miles, but I did have 3 adults and 3 boys on board! :D
Hope this helps

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
50 Posts
All these reviews on towing cant wait to get my towbar fitted and getting the van on the back(kia quoted£450) towsure £98 fit it myself

last year on my return from France,i overtook a Sedona he caught up with me on every hill with ease ,and did not leave me at all so i had to have one after looking on here and reading all the reviews i just had to have one love it to bit all that room and torque roll on summer time

·
Registered
39 Posts
:D I Have a 2004 Sedona 2.9 CDRi, and it tows my caravan (1200 KG), 3 bikes kids & dogs as though the caravan wasn't there. I used to tow with a Laguna 2.0 petrol but the Sedona is in a different league.I paid about £250 for the towbar & twin electrics to be fitted - much cheaper than the Kia towbar.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i am a builder and tow reguarly.tried to tow 3 tonne but the clutch smelt.towed 2 tonne and it pulls and handles ok. p.s my KIA is a 2.9 CRDI and it is good for my job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.