Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Currently towing (about 2700 lbs) pop up. Of course our V6 as no problems doing the job. We are slowly looking at a hybrid or small travel trailer for the 4 of us. Weight ranges from 3100LBs to a 3650LBS, that's loaded besides our stuff like chairs and food. Do any of you tow a full height trailer with the V6? Whats's it weigh?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Flash, I'm currently towing a 19 ft TT that is roughly 3600 lbs dry weight. Loaded with four people and a dog is around 4500 lbs. I haven't had any issues towing up here in Alaska thus far, longest trip has been around 2 hours. We are heading out for a 6 hour drive first weekend of September. I would highly recommend that you get a weight distribution hitch with sway bar control. I towed about 40 miles without one when I first got my Borrego at the beginning of summer and while possible you will feel much safer with it. Also if you are driving somewhere where you have more than 200 miles between gas stations, like Alaska/Canada, I would carry extra fuel as you'll only get around 200 mpg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts