Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Rio LX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if there is a towing package available for my 2010 Kia Rio LX that I have. I currently own 2 large dogs (that take up the backseat) and a lot of hunting gear. I didn't know if a 4x6 cargo trailer is perfect my small little vehicle. I will be checking to see if I can put a towing package on it and how much the weight my vehicle is. Since its a 4 cyl, I am a little unsure. If I can't, is there anything that I can get to give my vehicle some more room?

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
Kia does not make a tow package for the Rio, as there is basically no towing capacity. It states in the owners manual "We do not recommend using this vehicle for trailer towing." This basically means that any possible warranty issues(trans, engine, brakes, suspension, etc) resulting from towing, could be denied.

Draw-Tite, Curt, and Hidden Hitch all make hitches for either model, hatch or sedan. The hatch requires slight modification to either the rear bumper fascia or exhaust heat shields to fit. You did not mention which you have. Do a google search and you will find them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts