Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just fitted a Tow Bar to my 2005 Sorento XS and I am going to get the electrics done by a local towbar firm. They tell me that to get the permanant feed for the 12S socket they have to strip a lot of the internal trim away. True? I have noticed that there is a fuse labeled Trailer. Whats this for and where does it end up? I am reluctent to have all that trim dismantelled. Any help would be welcomed. Regards chelsky

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
536 Posts
i ran my external 30 amp 12 volt supply to the back external to the body i did not use the wimpy 12 volt low amp line supplied in the trailer wire harness plug back by the spare tire (UK modles do not have this any way)

i used 30 amp fuse and weather resistant fuse holded and 10 gauge wiring and wire loom cover

from batt back behind the brake booster in back of the engine at the fire wall and along the right side of the frame tie strapping and clamping as necessary

also use a 10 gauge "negitive earth" LOL, wire back a the rear to the frame to complete the circut

i assume that KIA is fusing on the positive side of circuts in not negitive in the UK, i was a forklift mechanic for many years and never got quit used to finding english electric forklifts and pannels fused on the negitive side

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Seems a bit much running through interior, main fuse/realy box is under bonnet, far easier to run the cable along the chassis front to back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.