Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
i have just fitted a towsure towbar to my o3 sedona i am now unsure on the wiring for the 12n and 12s (dont l;ike the diagram i was sent with towbar )
is it a multiplex system? do i just scotch lock into the light wires as i did on other cars ?
where do your wires go (is it under the carpet in the middle)at rear
many thanks maizetina

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
I have a 54 Sedona with towbar. Was fitted free by my dealer, work was actually done by a local towbar company. I have fitted towbars to my previous cars in the past and have changed the socket arrangement on the Sedona which resulted in tracing the wiring back. I also found the fuse they used for the auxilary relays was under rated but fortunatley the cable was not.

The company that did the work just scotched locked into the existing wires. The cables run to the light clusters under the plastic trim on the floor at the rear of the hatch before the carpet starts.

The cable comes through two holes in the floor under this trim drilled just to the left of centre as viewed from the rear of the car. The indicator warning bleeper is under there also and the auxilary relays in the panel on the left hand side of the boot. The power for the auxiliary relay comes from two cables running from the battery one for the continuous 12v supply and one connected to a engine running 12v supply on the fuse panel. Both cables run down the drivers side under the plastic floor plates at each dooway.

Hope this helps :)

Simon

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great many thanks Simon
i did ask the dealer to fit mine but at a whopping £450. i said leave IT!!
got the whole lot from towsure £110 took me about 3 hours to fit as you have to make two big holes in rear panel.
i just wanted to make sure on the wiring, so i will do it the same ways as yours ,i was looking to fit both realys in the n/s panel as i have run my wires this side . KIA have kindley put a big hole behind the bumper on n/s with a grommet large enough to get the wires through .
many thanks again
maizetina

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D towbar wiring nearly done

both relays (indicator and split charge ) are packed in foam ,
fitted them both down the n/s panel to stop any damage and drown the buzz out a bit from indicator relay.
I then run two wires from the o/s light and indicator back to the n/s
i found it easier this way than cutting into the block under the carpet
then i run one wire done the drivers side trim panel for 12 s socket just got to find a suitable fuse i should wire it too but the cold and a bad back made me give up !!!
took me a couple of hours in all

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Seems like you've done a good job there.

As my cables from the towbar came through the floor in the centre of the rear floor trim. This mean't the cables split and run to the rear of each light cluster for the appropriate lights where they are scotched locked in.

I was not happy with there earth connection. They where both very poorly secured (loose) under the rear trim. I have re-fixed with a more substancial screw into bulkhead behind the lights.

Hope the cold and back gets better... :thumbsup:

Simon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts