Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around and almost fainted at the price of the OEM towbar, $800?!
Surely there has to be a cheaper aftermarket option that does the same job...
I'm not looking at towing anything (P-plate restrictions, lol), I just want to fit one of these to the back of my car so I don't do any further damage/spread dirt and mud in the interior..
and also the fact its a royal pain in the behind pulling all the wheels off then finding the brakes are out of alignment when I put them back on...

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice rack. And I agree towing anything more than 500# would be a bit iffy. But a bar would make for great accessories like a hitch BBQ or a flat carrier.

We've got this in the US:
Trailer Hitch for 2012 Kia Rio - Draw-Tite 24883
I certainly wouldn't be using the Kia to tow anything, considering we have a 2.3 tonne Mazda CX9 that just begs for that kinda thing.
I'm liking the trailer hitch! although my only gripe is that the receiver isn't a 2 inch but a 1-1/4 inch...

thanks anyway :)
has anyone else found anything?

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
I certainly wouldn't be using the Kia to tow anything
And I can agree, still I fantasize about towing a 16' canoe with a pole trailer that all combined with gear weighs maybe 200#.

But then I still feel my brakes are a bit glassy sometimes and I rethink towing anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts