Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've fitted a Witter towbar, now for the electrics! I've had a look under the boot tray and around the back of the tail-lights but I can't find an obvious place to connect in the 12N towbar electrics into. Where should I splice my towbar electrics into? Under which panels?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I just installed a trailer hitch on my Sorento. I havent hooked any wiring up to it yet. But while under the vehicle installing it I noticed on the passenger side of the vehicle there is a wiring harness that comes down and stops with nothing hooked to it. There appears to be a cap on the end of it. That might be where you would connect the wiring. Hope this helps ya out and if ya need any pics let me know and I can see what I can do on getting some up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen various US websites advertising harnesses for the connector you mention, but I haven't seen the connector on my vehicle. Maybe the connector isn't present on European models (although I'd be surprised if Kia did different wiring looms). Where exactly is your connector?

Andy

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Its located between the spare tire and the frame on the passenger side. I just took some pics of it. Do you want me to download them. The conector is about an inch to two inches wide.

*****EDIT******
Here is a pic of it. It is circled in red. It might be it. Good luck.
[attachmentid=367]
Sorry the pic is blurry.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I can see where you mean. I'll take a look tomorrow, but I think I'd have noticed the connector when I installed the towbar. Maybe the connector is a US-specific item.

Andy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just bought my Serento 2.5 CRDi Auto and had tow bar and electrics fitted and checked the wiring. I also cannot find the Plug that seems common on American Models. The fitters have wired direct to the rear light clusters ! Did you do the same yours?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I wired mine in behind the tail lights with buzzer fitted behind the panel in the jack compartment. once you remove the tail lights there is plenty of room for several scotch lock connectors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have to agree :thumbsup: much better to remove small 10mm section from insulation of each cable and solder additional cable to it,then tape up, no bad or loose connections for life of car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts