Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,722 Posts
How can i find if my 2014 kia sorento LX V6 has a tow package
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
451 Posts
Most vehicles had a tow rating of 3500 lbs at least with the V6 3.3L engine. Whether you have the tow prep harness for the flat 4 light converter is unknown to me. A look under the rear near the driver side tire would be to capped plugs for such a harness. Other than checking with a Dealer to look up the Vin # I don't know. Another owner may already have gone through this search.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento EX
102 Posts
Most vehicles had a tow rating of 3500 lbs at least with the V6 3.3L engine. Whether you have the tow prep harness for the flat 4 light converter is unknown to me. A look under the rear near the driver side tire would be to capped plugs for such a harness. Other than checking with a Dealer to look up the Vin # I don't know. Another owner may already have gone through this search.
On the LX you probably have a plastic cover behind the rear wheel that you will have to remove to see the connectors. Should be two multi-pin connectors that go nowhere. If you have that harness, you no doubt also have the heat ex-changer on the end of the transmission. That is pretty much all of the tow package prep. Check out the etrailer.com website for more information and videos.

·
Registered
Sorento 2015 LX 2.4 AWD, Suzuki 2011 SX4 AWD, ( 2000 KIA Sportage, junked)
396 Posts
My LX did not have the tow package. Nevertheless, I installed a Curt 56256 package.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LX V6 AWD
462 Posts
I can't confirm this 100%, but I was told by a Kia service manager that all the V6 Sorentos come with the "towing package", which is really just an electric coupler that is provided for you (as someone else said, underneath the rear driver side wheel bay cover).

·
Registered
Sorento 2015 LX 2.4 AWD, Suzuki 2011 SX4 AWD, ( 2000 KIA Sportage, junked)
396 Posts
I thought the LX , base model isn't it?, only came with the L4 (at least in Canada) ...but we still do not know anything serious about Maddog car: mileage, trim, 2 or 3 row seats, location, AWD?, that should all show in the signature so we can reply something relevant....

·
Registered
Sorento SX FWD 2015
191 Posts
If OP is still watching.... Kia Calls it a " Trailer Package - Full System" your vehicle specification sheet only available with Service Information access.. Basically it's a hitch with a 4-pin female plug integral to the hitch. No suspension or cooling modifications. I would assume a dealer (service dept) has access to your specification sheet, we owners have to pay to view it. If your hitch was added aftermarket it would be tricky determining it were factory or not. Some US manufactures post your car specifications (called RPO codes) with the vehicles Kia keeps it all top secrete unless you pay..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts