Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased a aftermarket tow hitch that looks similiar to factory tow hitch and that is less expensive?

Mike

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
When I had my Sorento I bought a hitch off of ebay. This is what it looked like. The picture makes it look like it sticks out but it didnt. It was even with the rear bumper. I paid $140 for it shipped to my house.
[attachmentid=597]

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Delighted to be able to say that my dealer fitted a hidden tow bar and full electrics for free when I bought mine.

Ask, you never know.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
39 Posts
I ordered a Hidden Hitch earlier this week and it should be delivered on Monday. How easy is this to install? I can have it put on for $30.00. From other post it looks like lowering the spare tire is all that needs to be done. The online diagrams call for lowering the exhaust as well, does this need to be done? Thanks. By the way, I got a great price at etrailer, cheaper than anyone in town could get it.

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
Originally posted by Coach7@Dec 16 2005, 12:37 PM
I ordered a Hidden Hitch earlier this week and it should be delivered on Monday. How easy is this to install? I can have it put on for $30.00. From other post it looks like lowering the spare tire is all that needs to be done. The online diagrams call for lowering the exhaust as well, does this need to be done? Thanks. By the way, I got a great price at etrailer, cheaper than anyone in town could get it.
yes, removal of the spare tire is necessary also removing the rubber hanger from the hanger pin is also necessary, but easy, just put a little liquid dish detergent on the end of the protruding protuberence and push the rubber hanger over it

without lubing it first it is very, very tough to move the rubber hanger away from the protuberence :grin:

for 30 bucks it is a bargin to have somebody else do it, it took me over an hour to do mine with a hidden hitch if i remember correctly

note# the install kit comes with two "wire bolt thread holders" used to pull two bolts through the frame, make sure you get them back from the installer, you may need them later

·
Registered
75 Posts
Beyond help- Yours sounds slightly different than mine. I didn't have to lower the exhaust. Got mine on Ebay for $99.00, from this guy in Arizona. He still sells them. Anyway 10 min install after lowering the spare. the Driver side large bolt had to be put in backwards due to some clearence issues but no biggie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts