Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have comments (good or bad) about the factory tow hitch/harness versus aftermarket? I'm going to need one installed soon and don't have the time to do it myself.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
Call me biased, but I would go with the Curt hitch. To me, it actually looks better than the OEM hitch, but you can see pictures for yourself. Etrailer has an install video, but I know you aren't doing it yourself but you can at least see how it looks. 350lb/3500lb tongue and tow, Class III 2" receiver. Amazon has them for a good price, cheapest I've found so far. Very solid, I've used it on several vehicles, one of which was my Xterra before I got the Sorento. There is a warning on the Curt that states you must use a secondary strap if you use a bike rack, but that just keeps the bike from swinging back and forth and possibly damaging your rack, car, and hitch. It doesn't matter what hitch you get though, you would need to use that strap anyway to secure the bike (comes with the bike rack usually). All that doesn't mean anything if your not getting a bike rack...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts