Kia Forum banner
161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Let us know how that works out. Looks like it's 50 bucks more than the Curt units but some (me) might be willing to pony up to get it. Not sure if they'd charge to ship across the border though.
The $255 price is in CAD. It’s around 203 USD, depending on the phase of the moon. I considered ordering from etrailer but with duty, shipping and currency conversion, it would cost about the same.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Xline Aruba Green.
11 Posts
The $255 price is in Canuckian dollars. It’s around 203 Liberty bucks, depending on the phase of the moon. I considered ordering from etrailer but with duty, shipping and currency conversion, it would cost about the same.
Just ordered the Enthuze hitch. It's the same as the Curt hitch. Went to checkout and it shows $255 with free shipping to US, but I checked my credit card and it showed only $205 was charged. So it made the conversion from CAD to US dollars. Ended up being cheaper than my etrailer order. It says in stock so hoping it ships. I'm not cancelling my etrailer order until I know it ships.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
201 Posts
Just ordered the Enthuze hitch. It's the same as the Curt hitch. Went to checkout and it shows $255 with free shipping to US, but I checked my credit card and it showed only $205 was charged. So it made the conversion from CAD to US dollars. Ended up being cheaper than my etrailer order. It says in stock so hoping it ships. I'm not cancelling my etrailer order until I know it ships.
I'm interested to see if they charge any freight once it crosses the border, as in the US carrier holding it hostage until the rest of the freight is paid for. Maybe that's only a thing for packages heading North though, as I seem to remember this being a massive point of contention when I worked for a major US drop shipper back in college.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
309 Posts

When I go back to Germany, I'll be trying to find one of these also. Found on a UK KIA OEM parts source for £383.35! Pricey, but detachable and a bit more hidden. It's manufactured by Horizon Global Germany for KIA.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
16 Posts
The hitch that I got is a Draw-Tite #76398, and it looks like a good fit. Once I get it installed, I'll post the name of the seller.
Here's what the Draw-Tite looks like (shown with a 1-1/4 adapter attached). I scoured the interweb and struck out, then found the hitch 5 miles away, on the shelf, at Friess Welding/ Summit Trailer Akron Ohio 44319. Price was $256 + tax; installation would add $100. Did it myself at home with very little problem (had to shorten a tab with the angle grinder). It came with the bolts and washers, but you absolutely need a M12-1.25 tap to clean the paint out of the holes in the frame.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
16 Posts
Here's what the Draw-Tite looks like (shown with a 1-1/4 adapter attached). I scoured the interweb and struck out, then found the hitch 5 miles away, on the shelf, at Friess Welding/ Summit Trailer Akron Ohio 44319. Price was $256 + tax; installation would add $100. Did it myself at home with very little problem (had to shorten a tab with the angle grinder). It came with the bolts and washers, but you absolutely need a M12-1.25 tap to clean the paint out of the holes in the frame.
View attachment 119954 View attachment 119955
Side view. 1-1/4 adapter extends 2" past the bumper; 2" receiver is recessed about 1/2" inside the bumper.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line (Canadian Spec) - Aruba Stone Green
59 Posts
I was really bummed out today, after seeing a dealer add-on hitch that was nice and tucked up, I had my local dealer install mine this morning. Unfortunately, it was not the same look, it almost looks like Kia is using a draw-tite model, as it looks just like the one posted here.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
201 Posts
I was really bummed out today, after seeing a dealer add-on hitch that was nice and tucked up, I had my local dealer install mine this morning. Unfortunately, it was not the same look, it almost looks like Kia is using a draw-tite model, as it looks just like the one posted here.
Curt is backordered indefinitely it seems. If they used the draw tite I'd ask for a good chunk of change back in return, or an agreement to swap out for the hidden crossbar Curt model when they get it in stock again.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line (Canadian Spec) - Aruba Stone Green
59 Posts
So maybe some of the members here that work in parts can help me out. It seems there are different hitches for Canadian and American models. The hitch that was installed on my vehicle is Part # R5F03AP000. If the dealer is being truthful, the first batch of hitches for the Sorentos needed to be returned and the batch that was sent back to the dealership was the part number I listed. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there are many options available to me at the moment, as the hitch is in fact a Genuine Kia Part. I was really looking for the clean, tucked-up design of the "American" hitch.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Xline Aruba Green.
11 Posts

Everyone just needs to buy this hitch. I ordered it from Missouri and received free shipping. The site says $256 but that is CAD $. I was only charge $205 US. I received it in less than a week and bolted on perfectly with no issues and it is the exact same as the Curt 13473 hidden cross bar hitch. I'm sure they come out of the same factory as it says made is USA on the hitch. The only difference is the paint on the hitch and the sticker that is put on it. Same 4000lb towing and 600lb tongue weight as the Curt. The curt is high gloss black and this is a matt black finish. Also ended up being cheaper than the curt.

So if you're still waiting for a hitch from curt forget about it and order this one. It's legit and fit exactly as it should with zero issues. Also came with the same instructions as the curt shows on their website. It's a no brainer if you ask me. I put it on last night but forgot to get pictures of it but I'll post some pictures either tonight or tomorrow, but trust me it's legit and did not have any issues with shipping. It came Fedex and took 5 days I think.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So maybe some of the members here that work in parts can help me out. It seems there are different hitches for Canadian and American models. The hitch that was installed on my vehicle is Part # R5F03AP000. If the dealer is being truthful, the first batch of hitches for the Sorentos needed to be returned and the batch that was sent back to the dealership was the part number I listed. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there are many options available to me at the moment, as the hitch is in fact a Genuine Kia Part. I was really looking for the clean, tucked-up design of the "American" hitch.
Call another dealer (maybe even cross country) and ask what hitches are available for your Sorento.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
4 Posts
I made a different thread about this but go not attention, what are you guys doing about the horrible sag when you attack a fully loaded rack?

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX X-Line
93 Posts
I made a different thread about this but go not attention, what are you guys doing about the horrible sag when you attack a fully loaded rack?
I just replied. Nothing will help until stiffer aftermarket springs are released.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Everyone just needs to buy this hitch. I ordered it from Missouri and received free shipping. The site says $256 but that is CAD $. I was only charge $205 US. I received it in less than a week and bolted on perfectly with no issues and it is the exact same as the Curt 13473 hidden cross bar hitch. I'm sure they come out of the same factory as it says made is USA on the hitch. The only difference is the paint on the hitch and the sticker that is put on it. Same 4000lb towing and 600lb tongue weight as the Curt. The curt is high gloss black and this is a matt black finish. Also ended up being cheaper than the curt.

So if you're still waiting for a hitch from curt forget about it and order this one. It's legit and fit exactly as it should with zero issues. Also came with the same instructions as the curt shows on their website. It's a no brainer if you ask me. I put it on last night but forgot to get pictures of it but I'll post some pictures either tonight or tomorrow, but trust me it's legit and did not have any issues with shipping. It came Fedex and took 5 days I think.
How did you order this? I tried and was told they dont ship outside of Canada.

161 - 180 of 205 Posts