Kia Forum banner
141 - 160 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
200 Posts
Dear forum; I have to retract this recommendation because the order for the hitch never produced the hitch. Real Truck gave a delivery date of June 30, then moved it out to July 30. This wiped out 2/3 of the summer, so I cancelled the order. I did find one locally for $250, and I grabbed it up.
I think you made the right call. I ordered mine on Zoro, which after some research I found was just a basic drop shipper that deals Curt product, and paid $190 with shipping. I worked for a major drop shipper years ago, and I think I gave Zoro too much credit for how they operate. I assumed when they listed a 1-2 day lead time it meant they had real time stock data with Curt, and could get a PO into Curt and an order out the door within 2 days.

I ordered Thursday afternoon so I'm giving it time with the long weekend. I have a sinking feeling I won't get tracking for at least a month now.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
16 Posts
I think you made the right call. I ordered mine on Zoro, which after some research I found was just a basic drop shipper that deals Curt product, and paid $190 with shipping. I worked for a major drop shipper years ago, and I think I gave Zoro too much credit for how they operate. I assumed when they listed a 1-2 day lead time it meant they had real time stock data with Curt, and could get a PO into Curt and an order out the door within 2 days.

I ordered Thursday afternoon so I'm giving it time with the long weekend. I have a sinking feeling I won't get tracking for at least a month now.
The hitch that I got is a Draw-Tite #76398, and it looks like a good fit. Once I get it installed, I'll post the name of the seller.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
200 Posts
Does anyone have any input on heat issues with hitch mounted cargo racks? I would appear that being a hybrid I assume less heat gets expelled from the tailpipe, generally speaking. But I'm seeing a lot of horror stories on hitch mount racks and fire damage.

The Sorento hybrid also has a turndown on the single tailpipe outlet, so I assume once I'm cruising along that heat should flow nicely underneath the rack. Still a little nervous though

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
306 Posts
Dear forum; I have to retract this recommendation because the order for the hitch never produced the hitch. Real Truck gave a delivery date of June 30, then moved it out to July 30. This wiped out 2/3 of the summer, so I cancelled the order. I did find one locally for $250, and I grabbed it up.
Did you try summit racing?

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,099 Posts
CURT has the nicest finished hitches if looks is important. I bought one for mine and going on this week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you try summit racing?
Same thing happened with me with Summit Racing. I ordered my hitch on 6/3/2021, and they gave an initial estimated delivery date of end-June. I got an email from them on 7/3/21 which now says they should have it in stock by 8/16/21...

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,099 Posts
Mine is on and looking good. I might need a new insert if the ball height is too low, also if looks newer than my old insert. LOL

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
120 Posts

$159.00 American Pesos for the Curt version, There's also a Drawtite for $203, and two stealth hitch options available for your vehicle.
I always get the Draw-Tite because they include the second hole in the receiver for a J-hook pin - makes the connection amazingly tight, no wobble at all.

(By "always" I mean I got that for my '13 Sorento...and my '17 Sorento...and very soon for my just-acquired '19 Sorento.)

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,099 Posts
I Never seen that hole you refer to nor the setup using it.

Interesting though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What would be a Canadian source for the Curt hitch?

edit: Ended up ordering from Action who carry a relabeled model of the Curt hitch.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
200 Posts
cancelled my Curt unit from Zoro.com today. I called a local uhaul last week to check stock, and the woman on the phone didn't even look before saying "Nope, we haven't had that." I asked her if she had access to check other locations and she clicked around a bit then said, "there isn't one within 100 miles."

It just isn't meant to be right now. Part of me wishes I kept the order because for $190 it's a great value even if I don't use it. It's just nice to have in the event of xyz ya know?

I started to look at other cargo solutions and I'm not crazy about the non raised roof rails, nor am I crazy about the price to put something so expensive on the aforementioned non raised roof rails. It just doesn't seem right to me. So for my family trip Boston to Philly next month I will be getting creative with backpacks and duffel bags. The kids will each have their own backpack and hopefully something can fit under a seat, even if it's just the towels. I already have seat back protectors with pockets and sleeves for ipads so that should help with snacks for them. Worst case scenario I will be cleaning out an old hockey bag and strapping it to the roof old school style, ratchet straps around the top and through the windows just like we used to do with Christmas trees lol.

Also for those reading on the Facebook group, hi =] everyone has been super helpful with literally everything here and on Facebook and I hope you are all enjoying your cars as much as I am. Truly a wonderful group of people.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I ordered mine in May (for the Sportage) from UHaul. There was a week delay. Everyone including Kurt is backed up on orders.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
200 Posts
I ordered mine in May (for the Sportage) from UHaul. There was a week delay. Everyone including Kurt is backed up on orders.
lol you must have been the last guy lucky enough to snag one. There are people who ordered in April that are still waiting!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone has done it? Maybe aftermarket?
I'm mainly interested in bike rack for 2 or 3 bikes. However, I know towing is possible too, it might not be 5000lbs like Telluride, but still may come handy when you need to haul something:

View attachment 117256
lol you must have been the last guy lucky enough to snag one. There are people who ordered in April that are still waiting!
Is the OEM hitch preferred or is a Curt hitch just as good? I'm wondering if spending the extra money worth it since it is specifically made for it. Also, the install is another story, I know if I do get an OEM, I would go to a dealer, but if I get a Curt, who would you go to do the install and approx cost? I know the install can be pretty involved and I would want someone to know how to install one on a 21' Sorento Hybrid EX. Thanks!

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
200 Posts
Is the OEM hitch preferred or is a Curt hitch just as good? I'm wondering if spending the extra money worth it since it is specifically made for it. Also, the install is another story, I know if I do get an OEM, I would go to a dealer, but if I get a Curt, who would you go to do the install and approx cost? I know the install can be pretty involved and I would want someone to know how to install one on a 21' Sorento Hybrid EX. Thanks!
from what i gather, the Curt non visible cross bar unit IS the factory unit. Uhaul quoted me 45 bucks to install it but couldn’t get me a date for at least another 6 weeks, and that wasn’t a sure thing either. Install shouldn’t be that bad. There’s a cover with some plastic clips in one corner of the bumper, and the exhaust needs to be loosened on the other side. The hitch bolts into existing holes with supplied hardware- but uhaul quoting 45 bucks aint a bad deal. A few hours of my time is worth way more than that so to me it’s a great deal

edit: i imagine if you tried ordering the OEM hitch you’ll get the same long back order since Kia might get it from Curt too

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
306 Posts
from what i gather, the Curt non visible cross bar unit IS the factory unit. Uhaul quoted me 45 bucks to install it but couldn’t get me a date for at least another 6 weeks, and that wasn’t a sure thing either. Install shouldn’t be that bad. There’s a cover with some plastic clips in one corner of the bumper, and the exhaust needs to be loosened on the other side. The hitch bolts into existing holes with supplied hardware- but uhaul quoting 45 bucks aint a bad deal. A few hours of my time is worth way more than that so to me it’s a great deal

edit: i imagine if you tried ordering the OEM hitch you’ll get the same long back order since Kia might get it from Curt too
The Curt hitch may be the OEM hitch, but it is missing the wiring harness mounting point. Curt sells an additional wire mount, but doesn’t look as good as the OEM in that regard. I’m still going to go Curt once they come back in stock. I’m going to focus on roof storage until that point.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
200 Posts
The Curt hitch may be the OEM hitch, but it is missing the wiring harness mounting point. Curt sells an additional wire mount, but doesn’t look as good as the OEM in that regard. I’m still going to go Curt once they come back in stock. I’m going to focus on roof storage until that point.
On a Hybrid, I would only be using a hitch for a small cargo rack or perhaps a few bikes. Nothing I would need or want wiring for. I'm not sure I would want to be playing with and splicing into the wiring either, since there's no harness back there that I'm aware of.

I see the appeal for some, but the wiring isn't a necessity for me

·
Registered
39 Posts
Received the Enthuze hitch (relabelled Curt) from Action today! It is hefty. Just waiting on a not-too-busy weekend to put it in!

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
200 Posts
Received the Enthuze hitch (relabelled Curt) from Action today! It is hefty. Just waiting on a not-too-busy weekend to put it in!
Let us know how that works out. Looks like it's 50 bucks more than the Curt units but some (me) might be willing to pony up to get it. Not sure if they'd charge to ship across the border though.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
306 Posts
On a Hybrid, I would only be using a hitch for a small cargo rack or perhaps a few bikes. Nothing I would need or want wiring for. I'm not sure I would want to be playing with and splicing into the wiring either, since there's no harness back there that I'm aware of.

I see the appeal for some, but the wiring isn't a necessity for me
Same for me. I won’t be really towing anything. Somebody may be fit from it though.

141 - 160 of 205 Posts