Kia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sportage LX AWD
30 Posts

$159.00 American Pesos for the Curt version, There's also a Drawtite for $203, and two stealth hitch options available for your vehicle.

·
Registered
Hyundai Palisade 2021 Luxury
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
View attachment 117281
Took possession of mine Wednesday
Looks good! I just realized, that's probably a first in the world picture of new Sorento with trailer hitch. :)
Whenever you'll have time if you can post a picture from side view - how far it sticks out. From here it looks very unobtrusive, classic and like it was designed to be there.

·
Registered
2021 blue sorento sx tundra 2008 limited
22 Posts
Looks good! I just realized, that's probably a first in the world picture of new Sorento with trailer hitch. :)
Whenever you'll have time if you can post a picture from side view - how far it sticks out. From here it looks very unobtrusive, classic and like it was designed to be there.

Seem prettygood
Have yet to use it

·
Registered
2021 blue sorento sx tundra 2008 limited
22 Posts
Did your trunk come standard with that chrome on the tailgate ? Mines just plastic and was looking for a part to protect it ? USA models got screwed by KIA
Yeah came standard but it the highest model here in canada i dont know if it is on lower trim also

·
Registered
2021 Kia sorento EX, 08 Kawasaki nomad,
90 Posts
took possession on Friday of a EX crystal beige with shiny black trim 2.5 turbo MSRP38200 bought it for 37188 and also gave me 8,000 for my 17 sorento with 113,000

·
Registered
90 Posts
took possession on Friday of a EX crystal beige with shiny black trim 2.5 turbo MSRP38200 bought it for 37188 and also gave me 8,000 for my 17 sorento with 113,000
Im looking for a hitch and wiring to tow a 1000 lb. boat

·
Registered
2021 KIA Sorento SX XLINE Glacial White Pearl
52 Posts
I'm looking for a hitch also for my 21 xline. The brochure says that all turbo versions come with the wire harness but unless they are taking about the two plugs behind the panel in the left rear? I didn't get a wire harness like I got with me jeep etc. Also as far as a hitch I went to uhaul and they couldn't find one for the 21 sorento so I was wondering if the one for the 20 will work?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
65 Posts
I'm looking for a hitch also for my 21 xline. The brochure says that all turbo versions come with the wire harness but unless they are taking about the two plugs behind the panel in the left rear? I didn't get a wire harness like I got with me jeep etc. Also as far as a hitch I went to uhaul and they couldn't find one for the 21 sorento so I was wondering if the one for the 20 will work?
I have not found anyone making hitches to fit the 21 yet. Probably soon. I'd go with Curt if they had one ready, and install myself. I had the dealership instrall the Kia hitch and light kit on my Xline (USA). They said there was no wiring in back, like there is on the Telluride. They were suprised to have to run wire all the way to the front.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah that's kinda surprising seeing the brochure said that the wiring harness is included. I need to call a shop in austin that told me he could get one and see which brand was it.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,056 Posts
Trailer Sway, wiring and receptacle std.on Santa Fe

·
Registered
52 Posts
I emailed etrailer about a hitch and this was their reply:
"Thank you for asking the following question:
I am wondering if the trailer hitch for the 2020 Kia Sorento is compatible with the 2021 Sorento
if so or not which one is?

Answer:
The 2021 model year Kia Sorento is the first model year of a new generation vehicle, the hitch for the 2020 model won't fit the 2021, as there were enough changes in the rear structure of the vehicle to prevent fit.

The hitch manufacturers do have hitch fits in development for the 2021 Kia Sorento, but they're not quite ready yet. The COVID situation and the hitch manufacturers difficulty in getting test models for the car dealerships to preform test fits on have dramatically slowed down the development. For a 2021 model, they would typically released fits last summer but all that's been pushed back."

I guess we'll be waiting a little bit longer unless we go OEM

·
Registered
90 Posts
I emailed etrailer about a hitch and this was their reply:
"Thank you for asking the following question:
I am wondering if the trailer hitch for the 2020 Kia Sorento is compatible with the 2021 Sorento
if so or not which one is?

Answer:
The 2021 model year Kia Sorento is the first model year of a new generation vehicle, the hitch for the 2020 model won't fit the 2021, as there were enough changes in the rear structure of the vehicle to prevent fit.

The hitch manufacturers do have hitch fits in development for the 2021 Kia Sorento, but they're not quite ready yet. The COVID situation and the hitch manufacturers difficulty in getting test models for the car dealerships to preform test fits on have dramatically slowed down the development. For a 2021 model, they would typically released fits last summer but all that's been pushed back."

I guess we'll be waiting a little bit longer unless we go OEM
I'm waiting to but not much longer

21 - 40 of 74 Posts