Kia Forum banner
181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Xline Aruba Green.
11 Posts
How did you order this? I tried and was told they dont ship outside of Canada.
Wow so that is crazy. I went to look at their website and now when you checkout it doesn't allow you to select US. The country field was a selectable option when I checked out. Unbelievable, I also just checked etrailer and now they say september to ship the curt hitch. Sorry I guess this is no longer an option for us in the US.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
312 Posts
Wow so that is crazy. I went to look at their website and now when you checkout it doesn't allow you to select US. The country field was a selectable option when I checked out. Unbelievable, I also just checked etrailer and now they say september to ship the curt hitch. Sorry I guess this is no longer an option for us in the US.

View attachment 120065
Could ship to a Canadian member and then across? Starts to get a little iffy at this point. 🤨

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line, Aruba Green, Rust Interior
33 Posts
Well, I got my Curt hitch installed by Uhaul today. I placed the order on 6/2 and scheduled for install 7/24. The day before the original install, I called to double-check and was informed they did not have the hitch, nor did they have an ETA, but they would let me know when they had an ETA.

On Thursday I received an email that my install was scheduled for 7/31. I confirmed over the phone they had the hitch and it took 30 minutes for them to install it. All-in-all it took my about two months to get it, but I finally have it. Looks good, and it is the Curt model. I hate that I had to wait that long, but it doesn't appear to matter where you order from in the U.S. there's a wait everywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I got my Curt hitch installed by Uhaul today. I placed the order on 6/2 and scheduled for install 7/24. The day before the original install, I called to double-check and was informed they did not have the hitch, nor did they have an ETA, but they would let me know when they had an ETA.

On Thursday I received an email that my install was scheduled for 7/31. I confirmed over the phone they had the hitch and it took 30 minutes for them to install it. All-in-all it took my about two months to get it, but I finally have it. Looks good, and it is the Curt model. I hate that I had to wait that long, but it doesn't appear to matter where you order from in the U.S. there's a wait everywhere.
What was the total cost (roughly)?

·
Registered
2021 KIA SORENTO EX
2 Posts
No need to go aftermarket. Kia sells one for the Sorento. You can buy it from your local dealer or from Kiastuff.
View attachment 117257
My dealer couldn’t find one in stock but also wanted $1,400 for receiver & installation. I found a Draw Tite brand class III with 2” receiver for $283.00 on etrailer.com. Ordered, Shipped & delivered in 3 days. Installed myself. Using for my bike rack only & don’t plan on towing.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line (Canadian Spec) - Aruba Stone Green
59 Posts
Just a little update, spoke with a different dealership to see if the other Kia authentic hitch was still available and it was. Explained that to my dealership and they looked into and will be swapping the hitches out on Friday.

All in all, I will just be paying the difference in the part, and nothing for labour. So I’m happy with that outcome.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
55 Posts

View attachment 120065
I was lucky and ordered one on the 25th last month. Ordered it at like 1am that Sunday and it arrived Wednesday afternoon at my house in the states! Checked the website again after installing it on the 28th and noticed the same thing. Was really hoping more of us could have taken advantage of the deal but they caught on quickly. At least they honored our orders though! 🙌👏😁

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
312 Posts
I was lucky and ordered one on the 25th last month. Ordered it at like 1am that Sunday and it arrived Wednesday afternoon at my house in the states! Checked the website again after installing it on the 28th and noticed the same thing. Was really hoping more of us could have taken advantage of the deal but they caught on quickly. At least they honored our orders though! 🙌👏😁

View attachment 120525
I like the claymore cover! The car looks good also btw. Did you use plastidip?

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
55 Posts
I like the claymore cover! The car looks good also btw. Did you use plastidip?
Thanks, wanted to have fun with the cover. 🤣

But I have used plastidip in the past but wanted a gloss black and went with HyperDip. Basically the guys that made plastidip famous have their own brand of peelable paint. Was able to get a gloss black without having to apply a glossifier after the black.

Reactions: C-Trink

·
Registered
19 Posts
I finally took the time to install my hitch. A big thanks to @Mike789 , @JstGo and @someofthetime for the many tips and pictures! I saved hundreds of dollars thanks to you.

I wanted the option of towing a trailer with brakes and I was lucky enough to have the towing harness available under the driver's side rear bumper, so I bought the Telluride's short 7 pin towing harness (S9F67-AC500).

I ran a new 12gage electrical wire from the battery (added an inline 30 Amp fuse) all the way back to where the Telluride 12 pin connector which connects to my existing tow harness. (I'll be using the Curt Echo (bluetooth) brake controller, so I did not bother with another wire for a brake controller).

I was lucky enough to get an Enthuze hitch (before they removed the option to ship to US), and that went relatively well. Had a bit of trouble removing the rubber mounts from the muffler hangars (followed the instructions by using a 5/8" wrench and pry bar) but at least I did not need to bend any of the hangars as there was (barely) enough clearance between the muffler and the hitch bolt.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Trunk
Bag Sleeve Luggage and bags Grey Beige
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread
Audio equipment Pliers Circuit component Gadget Electrical wiring
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tire Bumper
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Trunk Bag
Camera accessory Cameras & optics Machine Wood Auto part
Bumper Automotive exterior Trigger Gas Wood

·
Registered
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD, 2021 Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
6 Posts
Finally got my Curt hitch from Summit Racing that I ordered at the end of May, so 3.5months. It was quite a pain to install, between getting the exhaust hangers off and being able to access all of the bolts to properly torque them, all without a lift, just the scissor jack and jack stands. But I managed to get it done and it seems secure. Only going to be using it for a bike rack and maybe a cargo tray, so not too concerned. I didn't do any of the wiring for lights though since I have no plans of hauling a trailer at this time.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
55 Posts
Finally got my Curt hitch from Summit Racing that I ordered at the end of May, so 3.5months. It was quite a pain to install, between getting the exhaust hangers off and being able to access all of the bolts to properly torque them, all without a lift, just the scissor jack and jack stands. But I managed to get it done and it seems secure. Only going to be using it for a bike rack and maybe a cargo tray, so not too concerned. I didn't do any of the wiring for lights though since I have no plans of hauling a trailer at this time.
I did it in like 30 mins in my driveway without using a jack or anything. I just layed on the ground under the back and bolted it up into place after removing the 3 most exhaust hangers. Any reason why you jacked it up?

That said, the wiring it is even easier though.

Used this kit and it was super easy.
Tekonsha 118784 Tow Harness T-Connector Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MMKHTV...abc_4YR8S1GG0JP2D84B3WQ2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Automotive tire Grey Road surface Tread Wood

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
312 Posts
BTW; don't forget to lube the exhaust hangers before disassembly/assembly. Dish soap and water... Makes it easier and will dry and cause it to "seal". Dish soap, once dry, will be sticky and hold it.

Reactions: HaymakerBaker

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
55 Posts
BTW; don't forget to lube the exhaust hangers before disassembly/assembly. Dish soap and water... Makes it easier and will dry and cause it to "seal". Dish soap, once dry, will be sticky and hold it.
That would have probably saved me 10 mins 🤣 I did it all dry 😁😬

·
Registered
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD, 2021 Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
6 Posts
I did it in like 30 mins in my driveway without using a jack or anything. I just layed on the ground under the back and bolted it up into place after removing the 3 most exhaust hangers. Any reason why you jacked it up?

That said, the wiring it is even easier though.

Used this kit and it was super easy.
Tekonsha 118784 Tow Harness T-Connector Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MMKHTV...abc_4YR8S1GG0JP2D84B3WQ2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I wish. It took me about 2.5hrs, but that included setup and cleanup. It took probably a solid hour to get the exhaust hangers undone. But I don't have the tool for doing that, so I was using wrenches and screwdrivers to try to pry it apart. I didn't lube them though. I thought about using lith grease, but didn't want to deal with that, but I forgot about just soapy water. Maybe it would've helped, but I'm done now. It was also difficult to get at the middle hanger, I ended up taking off the wheel and going through the wheel-well. I did have some trouble getting at the passenger side bolts too because of the exhaust and the mount itself. It took a lot of trying different combinations of extensions, swivel joints, and angles, but I eventually got it.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
55 Posts
I wish. It took me about 2.5hrs, but that included setup and cleanup. It took probably a solid hour to get the exhaust hangers undone. But I don't have the tool for doing that, so I was using wrenches and screwdrivers to try to pry it apart. I didn't lube them though. I thought about using lith grease, but didn't want to deal with that, but I forgot about just soapy water. Maybe it would've helped, but I'm done now. It was also difficult to get at the middle hanger, I ended up taking off the wheel and going through the wheel-well. I did have some trouble getting at the passenger side bolts too because of the exhaust and the mount itself. It took a lot of trying different combinations of extensions, swivel joints, and angles, but I eventually got it.
Yeah, i just used a large screw driver to assist getting the hangers off. But yeah, that one bolt on the exhaust side was a pain to get going.

I will say lifting the vehicle up would have made it harder to install...at least in my case is say. With the vehicle on the ground it was the perfect gap between my chest and the bottom on the vehicle. Just took a deep breath in to lift and hold the hitch in place when getting the bolts started 😁

Reactions: C-Trink

·
Registered
2022 SX-P X-Line (soon)
10 Posts
I just ordered the curt model (13473) from uhaul.com and thanks to this thread seems easy enough to install myself. My question is I'll have the 2022 Sorento and this was for 2021, should be ok right?

·
Registered
'21 Sorento SX AWD
55 Posts
I just ordered the curt model (13473) from uhaul.com and thanks to this thread seems easy enough to install myself. My question is I'll have the 2022 Sorento and this was for 2021, should be ok right?
Yes, it will be fine.

181 - 200 of 205 Posts