Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Palisade 2021 Luxury
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone has done it? Maybe aftermarket?
I'm mainly interested in bike rack for 2 or 3 bikes. However, I know towing is possible too, it might not be 5000lbs like Telluride, but still may come handy when you need to haul something:

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX Gravity Blue
89 Posts
No need to go aftermarket. Kia sells one for the Sorento. You can buy it from your local dealer or from Kiastuff.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,044 Posts
Go aftermarket, cheaper and more hidden........

Reactions: MuhOgli

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have to agree in this case - OEM one looks like afterthought. Would be nice to find aftermarket hidden stealth hitch.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
467 Posts
I'd like to find one for my 2020 Sorento as well. Any suggestions gratefully received for someone that has a decent 2" hitch installed at a good price. I'm too old to be climbing under my car, I want a turn-key installation. :)

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Many listed on EBAY.

A number of installation videos on youtube for the Sorento and Santa Fe..................Curt, U Haul, Drawtite, etc.....

Doesn't take a lot of searching...................

·
Registered
USA 2021 Kia Sorento, SX X-Line Green Rust
85 Posts
Yes, I have to agree in this case - OEM one looks like afterthought. Would be nice to find aftermarket hidden stealth hitch.
Would love to see a 2021 Sorento with hitch , can’t find any pictures

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX V6
69 Posts
I'd like to find one for my 2020 Sorento as well. Any suggestions gratefully received for someone that has a decent 2" hitch installed at a good price. I'm too old to be climbing under my car, I want a turn-key installation. :)
In Colorado, I've used The Hitch Corner for my '13 and '17 Sorentos - IIRC, $350 or so for the install. No wiring because I use the hitch only for my bike rack. Wherever you are, just go to Yelp and search for "trailer hitch installation." See what vendors are near you and what their ratings are.

·
Registered
USA 2021 Kia Sorento, SX X-Line Green Rust
85 Posts
Does the 2021 Sorento have recovery hooks? Just wondering, thanks

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts

This is the 2021 Santa Fe Hitch.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Many listed on EBAY.

A number of installation videos on youtube for the Sorento and Santa Fe..................Curt, U Haul, Drawtite, etc.....

Doesn't take a lot of searching...................
Perhaps you didn't read about the turn-key installation? I don't think eBay can ship me one installed. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Perhaps you didn't read about the turn-key installation? I don't think eBay can ship me one installed. ;)
You haven't heard of Uhaul or the Kia dealers..............

·
Registered
467 Posts
Must have missed the "good price" requirement. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Searched all over internet (even forums and websites for other countries where Sorento is sold), but looks like no one installed it yet. The only real picture of oem hitch installed on car is on Australian Kia website lol. And even that is just a glimpse of it. And it's crazy expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Searched all over internet (even forums and websites for other countries where Sorento is sold), but looks like no one installed it yet. The only real picture of oem hitch installed on car is on Australian Kia website lol. And even that is just a glimpse of it. And it's crazy expensive.

View attachment 117266
I hope the US version looks like that. Seems to be nicely tucked up and somewhat hidden.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I don't have the trailer towing package, so I would have to tap into the lighting. I'd like the ability to pull a small trailer that we have for club functions, that would require trailer lights.

Looks like a bit of work without the towing package. The light connections don't look too bad, but stringing the power wire up front looks to be a bit of a PITA from the rear.

I wonder if instead of getting a wire all the way to the engine compartment if I could tap the 3rd row seat power receptacle for the 10A required? That connection will rarely ever be used, and even if it's used and overloaded, it just blows the fuse and the light go out. That's a minimal risk that I'd be willing to take rather than stringing the wire all the way through the car.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX V6
69 Posts
Pretty sure that’s Austrian money but still expensive also anyone see it says not suitable for bike carrier?
It says not suitable for towball bike carrier. Most bike carriers go directly into the hitch receiver. In the picture shown, you'd remove the ball hitch and plug the bike carrier into the square hole.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts