Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I dive in and buy a towbar for my Sorento, does anybody know if the towbar sets off the parking sensors? I know I could avoid the issue and buy a detatchable bar but I only tow a small utility trailer now and then so I can't really justify the extra cost and I don't really see the chunk of metal hanging off the back as an eyesore. If a fixed bar is ok which is better Brinks or Witters?

Simeon

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Murphwiz

Your commitment to this forum for somebody who does not own a Sorento is admirable and I'm sure everybody else will agree.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Make sure you check this. I had to cancel my sensors since it would go off all the time. My dealer was nice enough to mention this. The sensors can not be switched off (unless they have changed this lately).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi
I have 4 sensors fitted to my Sorento. They self learn if you have a tow bar fitted prior to the sensors being switched on, then allow about 10 inches from any object before the sensors stop you, this can be changed to allow further/closer distances by the fitter!! The electrical company fitted a switch where the 'jack' fits in the o/s rear of the boot to allow me to turn the sensors off when reversing with a trailer or our caravan. I DID NOT use a Kia main dealer to have these fitted as I found they were less than helpful when asked !! Cost about £180.00 fitted.
Hope this helps
Cheers
MARK :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine was fitted by the dealer and work fine when solo, but with caravan on the back they stay on constantly in reverse obviously. I did ask if a switch could be fitted to turn the audio off but was told No! So thank you Mark I obviously need to go elsewhere to have a switch fitted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts