Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima EX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel Gauge- I know they are not perfect. Had 180.3 city only miles from a last week fill up and fuel gauge was reading half-tank which would have given me less the 20 mpg. The pump popped at 7.55 gallons which is less then 9.25 gallons from a half-tank and a better 24 mpg like the computer was saying on the car. I was only able to top off another 50 cents, so I am pretty sure that 7.55 gallons was correct. Seems like the needle is approx. 1.5 gallons off of the mark.
My wifes 08 Accord was on a quarter when she filled up yesterday and even hers was a gallon or so off.

UVO- Since yesterday I encountered two situations that when I either pressed the start button first or started the car right away the UVO Screen stood black for about 15 seconds then the radio turned on with no issues. Today's issue had the UVO welcome screen showing, but taking a bit longer for the radio to kick on.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Fuel gauges aren't known for their accuracy. The marks on the gauge are only a guide - in particular, F doesn't necessarily mean Full, and E doesn't mean empty.

It's usually sufficient to have a good idea what's happening when the gauge (or warning light) indicates that you're about to run out; many drivers fill up when it shows ¼ full, or when the warning light comes on. Personally, I keep an eye on the odometer, as I know the range either in the city or on the highway. Oh yes, there's always the trip computer with DTE (you need to confirm this for yourself.)

BTW, I've found that the Cerato fuel gauge is quite accurate; I can estimate to within 2 litres from what the gauge says. This is the exception.

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX, Tech & Premium Touring
570 Posts
I appreciate a much more conservative fuel gauge like in my Optima vs. an overly optimistic one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts