Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sorento EX light blue, 2013 Lincoln MKZ Pearl White
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am trying to find out what total miles driven is on your Sorento's . Mine is at 182,550 miles and aside from a little initial "rattle" on cold star, it runs like nose! Please, if you have the want, post your mileage so I have something to compare to. THANKS! Joe

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,467 Posts
When I sold my 03 it had 122000 M on here. You have me beat by a few.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you to the (Lone Ranger) for replying. I am going to try to get 300,000 or so out of it to see how it holds up. My last car went 504,000 before I "recycled" it. It was still running great!

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
946 Posts
Hi, I am trying to find out what total miles driven is on your Sorento's . Mine is at 182,550 miles and aside from a little initial "rattle" on cold star, it runs like nose! Please, if you have the want, post your mileage so I have something to compare to. THANKS! Joe
Since this is in the 'NEW' section, how about sharing details about your vehicle. Engine, oil used, miles, maintenance performed, driving habits, (Long Distance) your climate year round, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,467 Posts
Mine was typical Southern California driving. Several trips to AZ. I would get around 25-26 MPG on the highway. Did the second TB change on mine. Included all the items recommended for the second belt change. Had the Center support bearing replaced under warranty and then replaced the second on my dime. Checked fuel filter at 60,000 and was clean as a whistle. Replaced the wires and all the valve cover gaskets at 100,000 miles along with the plugs since I was under there. Replaced the Y-pipe also as a precaution. I used the Super Tech full synthetic 5-30 with a remote oil filter. I used the PF 977A because of the extra filtering it provided and never had an issue with. I removed one of the dimples in the bumber, installed a screen and let the air cool the filter. No mess oil change also.
It was a good vehicle all in all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, again. I live in Socal. I started off using Royal Purple, but the valve covers started leaking, so after I dropped $800.00 to replace them, along with the plugs and wires, new heater hoses and coolant tank, I switched over to Mobil1 10--w-30. The vehicle is almost show room clean and the spouse loves it! Had the "fake" leather seat covers removed and put on a premium black fabric to cool down our butts. Also, tinted the inside of the windshield with 90% u/v blocking tint. What a difference in interior heat reduction! T/belt was done before I bought it, and has 120k on it. I inspect it every 5k or so, still looks like new, no cracks, still pliable, etc. My tech says at least 30k more before it needs changing. 60k on a t/belt is a joke, as they last WAY longer. Talk to you soon, Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
My last sorrento 2004 4x4 lx had just under 300k i traded it in because of rear frame failure i patched it up but wife said it was time to go, how ever it started like new all the way till the end ran like a raped ape and i absolutely couldnt kill it no matter how hard i tried buying another this year as wife misses it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts