Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sportage, 2003 Toyota Sienna, (1995 Saturn SL1 - gone, was a great car though)
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...gasket is gone, oil in the plugs... bleh.

The KIA shop manual (both my hard copy and kiatech) show the locations of the bolts on the "Cylinder Head Cover" --aka valve cover-- and they provide the torque at 35-52 lb-in (4-6Nm), but they don't specify a tightening order.

Is there an designated order, or does it matter? Start in the middle and circle outwards?

I did a search and there was a post a couple years back that said a Haynes manual gave one but then they didn't share it in the post. If Kia doesn't put it in their manual, maybe Haynes just made it up?

Thanks.
Warren

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Rio
1 Posts
...gasket is gone, oil in the plugs... bleh.

The KIA shop manual (both my hard copy and kiatech) show the locations of the bolts on the "Cylinder Head Cover" --aka valve cover-- and they provide the torque at 35-52 lb-in (4-6Nm), but they don't specify a tightening order.

Is there an designated order, or does it matter? Start in the middle and circle outwards?

I did a search and there was a post a couple years back that said a Haynes manual gave one but then they didn't share it in the post. If Kia doesn't put it in their manual, maybe Haynes just made it up?

Thanks.
Warren
[/QUOTE

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,602 Posts
I believe those torque specs are 2.9 - 4.3 lb-ft for the first pass then 5.8 - 7.2 lb-ft for 2nd pass. Tighten in order shown.
Sep 17, 2013

Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
627 Posts
Sep 17, 2013

Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.
Ron.....wondering if all should refrain from answering OP's until that person complies with your request tor proper information?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts