Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,
Did anyone see top gear last week :angry: should we get a "clarkson and co" Hit squad ;) or was there some truth in what they said ?
Greg

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Some of the cars do leave a lot to be desired, but for the moeny, it depends what you want,. each to thier own etc...
BUT, they did not test any 4x4's, or the coupe which they acknowledged as being a good car.
It was hardly a tes,t more of a moan, the Cerato and Picanto are actually good cars, but with most testers there is a stigma attached because of the badge, the picanto has actually won some group tests from proper testing mags, including one in germany against the polo, that says it all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson and Co. are legends in their own lunchtimes. I don't bother watching Top Gear, because the presenters are knobs. I begrudge these people getting ridiculous salaries from T.V. license payers hard earned money, to rabbit on about cars that we could never afford, whilst pouring scorn on the ones we can.
I don't know what they said about the Picanto and I don't care. I pick mine up today and I KNOW I'll get more fun out of it than Dick Features Clarkson ever will out of any of his posh motors. Incidentelly I did see the Top Gear website and they had nothing but praise for the Picanto!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just transferred from the Landrover badge brigade. It was nothing but trouble, and cost me a fortune to maintain. My new sorento is fab, its in a different league. Theres nothing on the market that comes close to it. It has the same standards as cars which are far more expensive, like the Merc ML and the BMW X5. But cost a fraction of the cost. The service costs are also a fraction of the aforementioned cars.

I enjoy watching Top Gear, but they really do need to get real. If it does'nt cost over £30,000 and have over 4 litres they want to know.

The new breed of Kia's are different and the image is going. Some of the old models are still a bit dodgy. But the Sedona, Sorento, Carens, Picanto and the new Sportage are good quality, excellent value for money cars.

You only have to look on the road to see that the public dont agree with Clarkson. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
We traded in a Discovery Series II for a Sorento XS after numerous faults and problems with the quality of build. Cheap plastics inside and even the Fuel filler door was being kept closed by blu tak because of the cheapness of the vehicle quality!!!

Very happy with our Sorento XS. MPG (currently at 29 after only 400 miles on an auto Diesel transmission) is very good, smooth ride and handling, nicely kitted out inside including the new brushed 'Apple iMac' steel effect accents and the roominess for all passengers.

Top Gear is only a lighthearted TV programme that often contradicts it's sister magazine. I find it highly amusing and easy to watch on a Sunday evening. I am a caravanner and Jeremy often uses us as the butt of his jokes, so I laugh along with him - because (and I must admit) some of the things he says are true.

I think the same applies to KIA. In KIA's early days and even now, there are some dodgy looking KIAs (in my opinion) around. Take a look at the new Rio - Who designed that one with it's backside sticking out like that - It's no Renault Megane!!! - And before your fingers go into autotype mode, this is my opinion. Agree or disagree, we are all different.

What you have to see overall, is that Top Gear wouldn't have a programme if everything was tickity Boo and everybody were exactly the same.

Thankfully everything isn't and everybody is not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts