Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd Sportswagon GT-line 1.6 CRDi (134bhp) Automatic 7spd-DCT
280 Posts
Yes, great Top Gear episode.

Kia really in the public eye this week with new Kia TV adverts and Top Gear.

And an 'Advertorial' coming up in this Saturday's Daily Telegraph motoring supplement for new Rio and cee'd owners.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,936 Posts
The best one is the TG segment on the three wheel ROBIN...Absolutely the best.
Dave (USA)

·
Registered
Cee'd 1.6 GDI in Space Blue
17 Posts
I also liked their previous segment on the Cee'd in the very same episode, the one culminating in the sodium and eel salesman test.

They seemed to really like the little Kia!

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd Sportswagon GT-line 1.6 CRDi (134bhp) Automatic 7spd-DCT
280 Posts
I also liked their previous segment on the Cee'd in the very same episode, the one culminating in the sodium and eel salesman test.

They seemed to really like the little Kia!
Not everyone likes the Kias. This is one man's comment on the TG show on Facebook.

"Wouldn't drive a Kia if you gave it to me for free! Look okay from a distance, but cheap, nasty, scratchy plastics all over the place! You don't have to look far too find out where the costs have been saved! Gimme the focus any day... And that's saying something!"

I can only assume that the last Kia he saw was a rental car in Ibiza 20 years ago and he's oblivious to the fact that Kia was Which? magazine's 'Car Manufacturer of the Year' 2012.
The Kia Sportage came top in the 2012 JD Power Survey of cars. The cee'd was down in 32= with Volvo V70, BMW 5 series, Nissan Note and Skoda Fabia; not bad company.
Kia came above Ford, Mazda, Peugeot, Alfa Romeo, Citroen, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Renault, Suzuki, Fiat and Vauxhall in their Manufacturers' League table.

There are some pretty ignorant people our there.

·
Registered
Cee'd 1.6 GDI in Space Blue
17 Posts
Not everyone likes the Kias. This is one man's comment on the TG show on Facebook.

"Wouldn't drive a Kia if you gave it to me for free! Look okay from a distance, but cheap, nasty, scratchy plastics all over the place! You don't have to look far too find out where the costs have been saved! Gimme the focus any day... And that's saying something!"

I can only assume that the last Kia he saw was a rental car in Ibiza 20 years ago and he's oblivious to the fact that Kia was Which? magazine's 'Car Manufacturer of the Year' 2012.
The Kia Sportage came top in the 2012 JD Power Survey of cars. The cee'd was down in 32= with Volvo V70, BMW 5 series, Nissan Note and Skoda Fabia; not bad company.
Kia came above Ford, Mazda, Peugeot, Alfa Romeo, Citroen, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Renault, Suzuki, Fiat and Vauxhall in their Manufacturers' League table.

There are some pretty ignorant people our there.
Indeed, the misconceptions abound. Unfortunately, ignorant people can be found in all areas of discussion. They're the kinds who wouldn't do some actual research before spouting their nonsense even if it was "given to them for free".

I couldn't possibly be happier with my new Cee'd, I looked at a lot of cars before picking one and I was just astounded by the incredibly soft plastics on the door and the dashboard, the high-quality seats and the soft faux-leather on the doors even on the low trim levels.

I find it a bit of a pity that, from what I've noticed, the UK only gets the glossy fascia and steering wheel as well as the two tone doors/seats from the '4' trim upwards, while here in Belgium it's from the '3' equivalent up. That's what I got and it's amazing, I love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts