All the best of touring at speed

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Rio, Dodge Trucks, Hemis
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Trailer lights

Had to add another filament to the Harbor Freight boat trailer lights. Three seperate circuits on the Kia Boy rear lights. Running lights, blinkers, and brake lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
Had to add another filament to the Harbor Freight boat trailer lights. Three seperate circuits on the Kia Boy rear lights. Running lights, blinkers, and brake lights.
Brake lights usually have two bulbs; one for brake and one for tail.
The indicator has one bulb... For indicator. :D

Is it different in the US?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brake lights usually have two bulbs; one for brake and one for tail.
The indicator has one bulb... For indicator. :D

Is it different in the US?
High Mysticality,

Same here. Three seperate filaments on my Kia Boy. Brake, tail, and stopl

I jumped across the harness, (that is already there), from the utility trailer. To see if I didn't need the third filement. The left turn signal stayed on while applying the brakes, as did the left instrument indicator light. So three circuit mods are in order here on the way up 75 to Houghton Lake, MI. U.S.A. Kia Girl, :D

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,415 Posts
High Mysticality,

Same here. Three seperate filaments on my Kia Boy. Brake, tail, and stopl

I jumped across the harness, (that is already there), from the utility trailer. To see if I didn't need the third filement. The left turn signal stayed on while applying the brakes, as did the left instrument indicator light. So three circuit mods are in order here on the way up 75 to Houghton Lake, MI. U.S.A. Kia Girl, :D
Are you using a 4 pin flat trailer connector? If so, you need a converter because these cars have separate turn signals.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trailer light and wiring modifications

Are you using a 4 pin flat trailer connector? If so, you need a converter because these cars have separate turn signals.
Hi Spongbbob. Yea, using the 4 pin flat connector. I did the same on the boat trailer as the utility trailer. I ran a length of blue wire just to turn on the brake lights. Now I find I should run a white ground wire to the tail lights, as the Harbor Freight light kit ground wire ends to be screwed to the trailer itself at the coupler. The trailer tilts in the middle, I think to put the boat in the water easier. Anyway the tilt joint must be the place of momentary incomplete circuit.

I cant wait to get this old mahogany Chris Craft in the water...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts