Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6 Dark Cherry/Black. EX V6 Premiun Package and Interior Lighting Kit.
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got over 4k and loving it.
Took a trip from Seattle to Spokane.

I realized how stiff the suspension was when doing 80mph an went over 3 small woop-dee-do's. YEE HAW...felt like I was going to catch air.
I could see in my read view mirror my dog jump up and look around. LOL

Well if you don't k now how the I-90 is from Seattle to Spokane you have lots of different road conditions. Lots of mountains, hills and good flat spots.
What kills your fuel is driving through the Cascades which takes about 90min.

Well round trip I averaged 21.8MPG.
Not the best, but could be worse.
I look forward to when my engine is broke in and its better MPG.

·
Registered
2012 AWD Sorento GDI EX
55 Posts
Short Trip

Love cruising through Washington. We took a 75 mile trip from Santa Cruz to San Francisco. Our new AWD GDI 2012 EX got 24.8 with Shell Super. We felt some bumps. I'm surprised that the steering was "fast" even at higher speeds. Normally, the steering in cars is dampened at high speeds. The Giants won making it a good trip...

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8, Saab 9-5, 2012 Sorento SX
44 Posts
I've made the trip between Spokane and Seattle many times. I'd nominate it for the prettiest and most varied 300 miles of interstate in the country. From the Puget Sound over Snoqualmie Pass in the Cascades down the other side and then up again to the high desert across the Columbia. On to the high plains and then through the boulder strewn uplands to Spokane. Never boring with the topography changing every 45-60 minutes.

And if an interstate ain't your thing, try US-2 through the apple country.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
833 Posts
Nice camper!

I don't know if you noticed, but the wipers were on backward :)

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
922 Posts
Nice camper!

I don't know if you noticed, but the wipers were on backward :)
Mate, we drive on the right side of the road, here. ;)

The trailer = a camper-trailer, and the big one = a caravan.
:D

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6 Dark Cherry/Black. EX V6 Premiun Package and Interior Lighting Kit.
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you do take US-2 stop in at Leavenworth.
Very authentic German looking village high in the mountains. Great German food/beer as well.
Or go even further north to State Route 20 which is called the North Cascade Pass. Once snow falls they close it till spring.
I need to get up there, they said the fall colors up there are very nice and worth seeing.

Had a friend from back east come out last summer. Took him and his girlfriend for a drive to Leavenworth. They was blown away by how nice the area is. He said to see pics and read about it does very little once you see it. They are currently looking to move out here.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8, Saab 9-5, 2012 Sorento SX
44 Posts
If you do take US-2 stop in at Leavenworth.
Very authentic German looking village high in the mountains. Great German food/beer as well.
Or go even further north to State Route 20 which is called the North Cascade Pass. Once snow falls they close it till spring.
I need to get up there, they said the fall colors up there are very nice and worth seeing.

Had a friend from back east come out last summer. Took him and his girlfriend for a drive to Leavenworth. They was blown away by how nice the area is. He said to see pics and read about it does very little once you see it. They are currently looking to move out here.
Apparently you are unaware of our longstanding state law against enticing out-of-staters to move to Washington. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts