Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to pick up my new (2007) Kia Magentis (2.7 V6 Auto) having had a good test drive a few days ago. But as I went to drive it out of the showroom it squealed like a little pig, well actually it was more like a great big huge pig! Really loud and sustained. It certainly didn't do this when we went for a test drive.

I'm not going to go into the garage's reaction too much but it would appear they were aware of this and tried to deceive me, but they've said they will try to fix it and didn't know why it was doing that now. They did try to spray some lube on the pulleys and belts but that did nothing. One of the pulleys didn't seem to be running true and was little wobbly, which made the belt move left/right.

I'm not a mechanic so I don't know what it is but I did have a similar occurrence on an Alfa, which was possibly a bent crankshaft???

I have already got all of my money back after having to fight for a refund.

Question is do I still buy it once 'fixed' or do I leave it well alone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its all in the fine print i would find out the details.;)
When/if the dealer phones me back today I'll try to find out all the details and update here.

By all accounts I should be safe if it's a decent warranty, it is peugeot after all. But then I could well imagine taking it for the work to be remedied under warranty and they say something like 'sorry sir your car's not covered on a Tuesday/when it's raining/during any month with an R in it, delete as appropriate or 'certainly sir, if you can just pay the £1000 warranty excess'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts