1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2.0
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Please help......

The wife needs a vehicle and I found a a 2001 Sportage 2.0 4x4 manual at a good price. But I phoned the dealer and asked straight up if there were any issues and he said that it fine except there is a whinning sound when the car is moving in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. This apparently dissapears when the clutch is depressed.

Anybody had similar problems? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hey all,

Please help......

The wife needs a vehicle and I found a a 2001 Sportage 2.0 4x4 manual at a good price. But I phoned the dealer and asked straight up if there were any issues and he said that it fine except there is a whinning sound when the car is moving in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. This apparently dissapears when the clutch is depressed.

Anybody had similar problems? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Throwout bearing would be my guess..

But it could be trans or drivetrain related also. Dealer should be lubricating the driveshaft and suspension points before sale.. Changing out transmission oil and front transaxle oil also wouldn't hurt..

Have the dealer do a full lubrication service & new clutch service before purchase..

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
+ 1 also request if they are doing the clutch to change the pilot bearing a over looked item on clutch change over, and while there at it resurface the flywheel. fyi.

chief

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
195 Posts
I don't think you would feel comfortable buying this vehicle for you wife, with the current issue. If they fix the problem; maybe.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2.0
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys- got a better buy elsewhere so decided to give this one a miss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts