Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To beat a dead horse!

Ok people I’m going to start these threads with common questions about simple over the counter parts you can buy and DIY stuff you can do to mod your spectra.

To beat a dead horse ( headers and cat back exhaust and god forbid cpu upgrades)

This one is sort of easy what headers did you install on your car if any and what cat back exhaust did you install?

If you made you cat back exhaust what parts did you used how much did you pay and where did you have it installed at?

Oh and how id it affect the performance of your ride “ but dyno time”

Now the all holy hell of upgrades vood and balck majic that is the Cpu upgrade

Now as far as I know KiaFX.com is the only people selling CPU upgrades for our rides
Has any one paid to get this done if so tell us what you went through and if the product is for real. And if it was a good or bad experience. And even better if you have dyno proof about this product.
My opinion is about this is its all fake you see back in 97 when I was upgrading a Civic ex Greddy was just coming to the market with parts for non JDM Hondas. And one ting they sold was a service to upgrade your CPU and the add read exactly as the one on Kia FX.com. The thing was the CPU upgrade was a scam and Greddy at that time would not refund or back any came on its CPU upgrades. Now times have changed but it seems the scams stay the same just my two cents

·
Registered
697 Posts
I know that :::SFR::: Seoulfulracing Online Store-Community sells a CPU reflash. They have a 150 dollar core that goes with it. When you get certain engine upgrades from them they have it as an option. Each is flashed for what you are upgrading and you can even get a custom flash should you prefer. They aren't the "Piggyback ECU" stuff that KFX is selling. The uni-chip is that sort and if you ask me it's uni-dimensional. I haven't heard from anyone on it being worth the loot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh, in Singapore and Malaysia, we do not have 2 L Cerato. However, you must be using Beta II (CVVT or without), this engine is using Siemens ECU and I am able to tune as well.

Whatever the rates showed on my website, just add in the freight charges. If you want to have a really good tune and you are able to show me the wideband O2 sensor result over the full rpm range at full throttle, I will be able to give you a very good tune.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Harmony
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing