Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is absolutely amazing what decent tires will do to improve the performance of this car. The Korean tires that came stock on my EX were total junk. I sold them on Craigslist (in 1 day!) and bought 195/65R15 BRIDGESTONE Turanza Serenity Plus tires from Tire Rack for $89.00 USD each. UNBELIEVABLE performance with a super smooth ride, and absolutely no road noise. The tracking is phenomenal and you really feel "connected" to the road.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
I found out how important tires can be when I was driving a '97 GMC Safari van. After about 2 years the tires that came on the car (General or Dunlop, can't remember) needed replacement. I put on a set of Michelin's and the difference was apparent the minute I drove out of the parking lot. The van suddenly hugged the road like a sports car and the drive felt much more confident. I doubt that I will replace the tires on the Rio before i have to though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out how important tires can be when I was driving a '97 GMC Safari van. After about 2 years the tires that came on the car (General or Dunlop, can't remember) needed replacement. I put on a set of Michelin's and the difference was apparent the minute I drove out of the parking lot. The van suddenly hugged the road like a sports car and the drive felt much more confident. I doubt that I will replace the tires on the Rio before i have to though.
Yeh

With the SX you should be in good shape already. But the stock tires on the EX and LX really suck - big time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts