Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the stock tires on their Sorento's?

I have to get new tires, but the one and only thing I did not like on my Sorento when I bought it were the ride of the tires. Grip in the rain seemed weak and had some bumpiness.

Any suggestions? Need to buy some soon!

·
Registered
152 Posts
What kind of tires do you have now (the stock tires are not same all over the world)?
Do you drive of-road at all? and if so in what kind of terrain (sand, mud, rocks, gravel)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Wowee@Sep 14 2004, 04:41 PM

I have to get new tires, but the one and only thing I did not like on my Sorento when I bought it were the ride of the tires. Grip in the rain seemed weak and had some bumpiness.

Try this web site - http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp

You can compare many different tire types & manufacturers for your purpose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Wowee@Sep 14 2004, 04:41 PM

Try this web site - http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp
You can compare many different tire types & manufacturers for your purpose. While you may not have access to this retailer, their comparsions & reviews seem helpful. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Sorento LX came with Kumho tires and they are horrible in the rain, the truck fishtails all the time! All Sorento's should have the auto 4wd like the EX model does.

Has anyone had this problem and replaced their tires? Did this help???

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the EX without the Auto 4WD and yes it came with the Kumho 798.

I was able to fishtail the truck on dry road, on wet road it was terrible. I was so disappointed with them that I replaced them after 5,000 KM (and 2 flats) to Dunlop Grandtrek AT2. The difference is amazing, now before the tires lose grip you get a warning (the known shrieking sound), also they are much more comfortable and off road ability is much higher.

If you can afford it replace them ASAP.

You can find some more information at:
http://p210.ezboard.com/fkiasorentoforumfr...picID=450.topic

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just put on TOYO Open Country All Terrain's and they are great! They will run you about $120 a tire here in the US, but they are the best tires STS had.

My sorento brakes better, drives smoother and quieter, and is better on those twisty on/off ramps. I have not tested them in the rain or snow yet.

I also plan to lower the truck an inch in the front and back which should further increase it's handling.

·
Registered
car
4,204 Posts
Originally posted by member51@Dec 30 2004, 03:05 PM
I just put on TOYO Open Country All Terrain's and they are great! They will run you about $120 a tire here in the US, but they are the best tires STS had.

My sorento brakes better, drives smoother and quieter, and is better on those twisty on/off ramps. I have not tested them in the rain or snow yet.

I also plan to lower the truck an inch in the front and back which should further increase it's handling.
I have got Michelin All Terrain tires on my Sorento (stock tires). They are fine on wet roads but once I get in just a dusting of snow I go no where. :( I always end up putting it in 4wd and then it is great!! :D It sucks because all of my highway driving is in 2wd and once I get into town and get on side streets I have to run in 4wd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, KIA should have put Auto 4wd on the LX model and not just EX. What, saftey is only for those who can afford it!?! And '05 sorento's have the five-speed trans with the manual-shift feature, which also isn't fair!!!

·
Registered
car
4,204 Posts
Originally posted by member51@Dec 31 2004, 09:51 AM
Yeah, KIA should have put Auto 4wd on the LX model and not just EX. What, saftey is only for those who can afford it!?! And '05 sorento's have the five-speed trans with the manual-shift feature, which also isn't fair!!!
Auto 4wd would be great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts