Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi too all of you. On the 12-12-2011 I got a set of Michelin Latitude tour that now has 26,039 miles on the back and are wore down to the wear bars, front 5-31-2012 & has 18,840 & down half way, so don't buy Michelin. Will let you all know what they will do for me, they are to last 65,000. Have 60,516 on it.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
Did you ever rotate them? Just going by the wear you mention, it doesn't sound like it. 26k out of non rotated tires is pretty good.

·
Registered
2014 Cadenza / 2009 Borrego Limited
49 Posts
We have about 22,000 miles on a set of Michelins now. The tires have been rotated and balanced every 5000 miles since being installed. Can't say we are having any type of wear problem what so ever. The ride is smoother and the handling better that the original Hankook tires. They are filed with Nitrogen, not sure if that helps or not, but it sure does keep the pressure in the tires where they should be. Only had to add nitrogen (about 1 pound) to one tire in two years!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on tries, had to pay for half the new tries, no more Michelin for me 28,000 out of 65,000 to high for me.

·
Registered
Borrego 2009
74 Posts
I have the same Michelin tires and at 25k miles it is obvious that they aren't going to make it to 30k. Tires have been rotated and wear is even. Always have run Michelin on lots of vehicles and never had this poor mileage but I only got 27k on the OEM Hankooks. The Borrego is a big, heavy vehicle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just and up date, Told you they are junk they aren't what they use to be, not even close to there 65,000. Way too high for what you are getting. They are lying to every one about it, so buy them and let us all know how many miles you get out of them.Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego ex v8, 2010 Kia sportage ex v6 both 4wd.
16 Posts
I purchased hankook dynapro atm for one of my borregos 2yrs ago, I have 20k on them still look great and handle winter alot better than stock hankook's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts