Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TIRES, TIRES, TIRES 2006-2012 Sedona, AKA 2007-2008 Hyundai Entourage

Ok guys and gals the Sedona /Entourage is a pretty heavy vehicle, and is sort of known to "EAT" tires.

GVWR = 5898 LBS
FRONT = 2998 LBS
REAR = 3064 LBS

What kind of tires have you found that hold up, grip the road, don't sound like snow tires after a few thousand miles, and wear well?

Michelin Energy+LX4 are what came on the van.
235/60R17
RIM 6.5JX17

500 treadwear 6yr, 50,000 warranty, price about $180 a piece-which seems sort of high for 50k of wear.

Michelin*Energy LX4

Cooper CS4 Touring sounds interesting
IIRC $123 online somewhere, problem being cost/place to mount, do future rotate and balancing. Sears wants $177 mounted with a only a 90-day balance????

780 treadwear, 80,000 warranty, A traction, A Temp
CooperTiresConsumer - CS4 Touring (T Rated)<span class='trademark'></span>

BFGoodrich Advantage = $131 each
680 treadwear, 6yr 75,000 warranty, A traction, B Temp
BFGoodrich*Advantage T/A

I've been all over the net and found very little info on tires that are suitable.

Suggestions, thoughts are welcome.
Note that the tire needed is:

235/60R17 T 102T rated
RIM 6.5JX17

·
Registered
2012 KIA Sedona
47 Posts
The GVWR is not the actual weight of the vehicle, it's the max allowable weight fully loaded per the manufacturer. But the Sedona is still a pretty heavy vehicle.

Our 2012 came with Hankooks and I don't really care for them. They are noisy IMO. For our former van after much shopping I purchased General Altimax tires. They were well priced and were looking to be a 50-60k tire but we only had about 34k on them when we got rid of that van. They were fantastic in the rain too, and much quieter than these Hankooks.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
I have CS4 Tourings on both of my 06 Sedonas...looks like I'm gonna get about 40k miles out of each set.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have CS4 Tourings on both of my 06 Sedonas...looks like I'm gonna get about 40k miles out of each set.
GregsKia owns:
2006 Sedona EX 3.8L, Loaded, 196k miles----2006 Sedona LX 3.8L, Convenience Pkg, 232k miles

Cooper CS4 Tourings have a 780 treadwear, 80k wearout warranty
40k miles?

How would you rate:

Wear-Life:
Fuel Efficiency:
Handling:
Braking:
Comfort:

How would you rate the Cooper CS4's in relationship to other tires you've had on the Sedona's?

What would you rate your driving style to be? Aggressive?
Stop and go /highway- straight line or do you live in a area that taxes the tires?

Curious what tires were on the car before? (OEM shown below?)
Have you noticed any increase /decrease in gas mileage?
How many miles on the set?
Would you happen to have a tire depth gauge? CS4 new is 12/32
What is current depth/mileage?
Are they wearing evenly?

Oh, to help others- what kind of tire pressure are you running?

To help someone searching later on:

Tirerack lists OEM tires that came on:
2006 Kia Sedona EX

Michelin Energy LX4
Size: 235/60R17
LRR: Green X
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Serv. Desc: 102T
UTQG: 500 A B

Michelin*Energy LX4

·
Registered
Carnival EX Limited
83 Posts
Kumho 798
235/60/17

Only recently fitted replacing some Hankooks. Summertime so roads are dry. Roadnoise seems unchanged - we have 3 kids it's hard to hear the road!

·
Registered
2012 KIA Sedona
47 Posts
CORRECTION: The tires that came on our Sedona that are noisy IMO are Kumho's, NOT Hankooks.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
The LX Sedona came with the CS4 Tourings that are on it (previous owner had them fitted), and I like them. The previous owner of the EX Sedona had replacement OEM Michelins on it when I bought it, with only 3k miles on them. Those tires only lasted about 27k miles overall - and they were NOISY. I HATED the Michelins!! The CS4 Tourings have been quiet, and plenty grippy. They are a good match for this vehicle. They are worn to the wear bars on both vans (I haven't been able to afford to replace them yet), and even in northern Michigan winter, I haven't been stuck once, and easily feel comfortable on slippery roads.
-
I will admit both vans probably need an alignment, and I frequently load the vans at or above the GVWR. I put on about 80% highway miles.
My Rondo also has CS4 Tourings on it, and I'm sure I'll get 50-60k miles out of those ones, and that's about 80% city (stop and go) mileage.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
496 Posts
Our Entourage SE has Nexen CP521's fitted all round.

They were actually the cheapest tires I could find at the time but were highly rated and at a couple of local outlets the installers said they used them on their own vehicles. Could have been BS but they sounded genuine enough.

No complaints with them so far but have only travelled 3000 miles to date.

·
Registered
2011 Sedona
10 Posts
Our 2011 came with Hankook Optimo H418s. They are pretty good in the snow. They have 21,000 miles, and look to be good for another 15,000 or so more...

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
71 Posts
I have Mastercraft Avenger Touring LSR tires on my 2011 Kia Sedona LX. I paid $550 for four of them. They are 80,000 mile tires with a 780-A-A rating. I have been really happy happy with them. 6000 miles on them and they are wearing well and evenly. They are great in all conditions including snow and ride really well with little noise. They are a huge improvements over the garbage Kumho Solus tires it came with when I bought it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts