Kia Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1983 RIV CONVERTIBLE, 2011 KIA OPTIMA SX, 2014 BUICK LACROSSE PREMIUM II
97 Posts
Good to hear, since I have to make a visit to failing wheel finish (now on 3 pizza wheels) maybe I will get them to throw in an alignment since this is a repeat issue.
Wow, I knew you had one repair done on your wheels, but now 3 have failed? I haven't heard that anyone else has had this problem, have you? I would think your wheels would hold up better than mine since I am in the snow belt. So far I haven't noticed any spalding of the finish, but your experience has me worried. Did Kia repair it all?

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX, Tech & Premium Touring
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wow, I knew you had one repair done on your wheels, but now 3 have failed? I haven't heard that anyone else has had this problem, have you? I would think your wheels would hold up better than mine since I am in the snow belt. So far I haven't noticed any spalding of the finish, but your experience has me worried. Did Kia repair it all?
Still pending KIA corp area rep visit and visual, the Service manager called me that KIA is delayed in their visit to my dealer but since the SM had and has seen them he thinks they "should" replace them. Time will tell.

I agree on the failing finish, disappointing.

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX & 2002 Pontiac Firebird Formula
491 Posts
Well unfortunately I have a couple things going on. On the bright side my wheel finish is ok, but I was too quick to state earlier that my left pull was gone after the Kia alignment. The left pull is definitely there at highway speeds and annoying as ever. Also, since the new tires I have burnt through at least 8 tanks of fuel and am very consistently getting 3-4 mpg less than with the stock tires.

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX, Tech & Premium Touring
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
As I posted in the other thread: Yeah, my left pull is more noticeable with the same tires too, but mine has always had some left pull. Now after having a 2013 LX rental with NO LEFT PULL, I am thinking they got their act together and know how to fix this. My left pull is much more noticeable with colder weather/tires and reduces once warmed up. My MPG is probably down a little too, but performance is much better too. Worth it to me!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts