Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 KIA Soul+ MT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm trying to decide between adding a 16" OEM alloy wheel upgrade to a base Soul, or instead just purchasing a plus model. One key piece of information that would be helpful is to understand just how much the actual weight of the wheel & tire is between the base and plus so I can understand if any more rotational stress (effecting acceleration) might be getting placed on the base 1.6L engine. Anybody know where I can find these tire/wheel weight specs?

Many thanks,

Sonic

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
I wouldn't worry about weight variation in wheels. The alloys might be a few kilogram lighter, and maybe slightly wider. -That's not going to affect things in the slightest.

Alloy wheels are mainly for cosmetic purposes. Often, the suitable tyres are much more expensive.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
SonicExp - sounds like you are over analysis it, its offered as an option on the base model so it would be suitable, as Dr Bob said its not going to have an effect one way or the other just depends if you want the look of the alloys.

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
Yes, I bought the base model Cerato (Forte) mainly because it was fitted with 15 inch steel wheels rather than 17 inch alloys. The plastic wheel trims on the 15 inch weren't too nasty and I'll save about $400 each time I buy a set of tyres.

I also favour the higher profile of the 195/65-15 tyres; they are a bit more serviceable on our less-than-perfect roads. Tyres not much larger (205/65-15) were standard fitment to the average Aussie family for many years. -Seemed to be O.K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts