Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the pressure is that sets off the tire/tread pressure light. I looked thru the owners manual and kia tech info and did not find it. My wife's light came on this morning and went away after driving about 20 miles to work. I checked the tires hot when she got home tonight all were 32 PSI except the drivers front it was 27 PSI and the light was off. What is the number if anyone can help. I did not check the spare. Any help is appreciated and i will check them cold when i can. Thank's Reguard's Ronjohn

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Anyone know what the pressure is that sets off the tire/tread pressure light. I looked thru the owners manual and kia tech info and did not find it. My wife's light came on this morning and went away after driving about 20 miles to work. I checked the tires hot when she got home tonight all were 32 PSI except the drivers front it was 27 PSI and the light was off. What is the number if anyone can help. I did not check the spare. Any help is appreciated and i will check them cold when i can. Thank's Reguard's Ronjohn
It goes off at (approximately) 20% above or below the recommended pressure.

Best,

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Non-US members always regard TPMS threads with slight bemusement. I'll bet they originated in Nanny-State California. What a complicated system to achieve a no-brainer result!

20% low would be about 26 PSI, so the short drive (adding 1 PSI) was enough to extinguish the light.

Recommended pressures are usually a bit on the low side in the interests of comfort. I use 36 PSI and this gives me a good margin even if the pressure does drop a little. High-speed highway heat will add 2 PSI (38 PSI which would be below TPMS trigger) and the tyres are still within the usual tyre max of 40 PSI.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
I'm glad they didn't put that TPMS on the Canadian Sorento's! Just don't get the purpose? if your tires are low and your not a total moron you can tell while you're driving your tires are low

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank's everyone for the info. It makes sense now. I just needed the number. Reguard's Ronjohn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts