Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to rotate mine in the driveway next week after 6,600 mi of city driving.
I've got all manner of jacks and jack stands and chocks and can do any rotation scheme safely.

What's the best rotation:
1/ same side front to back and back to front or
2/ one of the several crisscross schemes ?

·
Registered
497 Posts
If tires are non-directional - go with standard process - fronts go to same side back and backs go to opposite side front.
I do tire rotations every second oil change to keep it simple and consistent.
You can use spare tire as a temp and will need only one jack then. Also, it may help to label tires according to where they go so you don't get confused, use masking tape and a marker. I use that trick with winter tires rotation as I keep a set of tires off I label them with #1 being driver corner tire, #2 front pass, and so on clock wise.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If tires are non-directional - go with standard process - fronts go to same side back and backs go to opposite side front.
I do tire rotations every second oil change to keep it simple and consistent.
You can use spare tire as a temp and will need only one jack then. Also, it may help to label tires according to where they go so you don't get confused, use masking tape and a marker. I use that trick with winter tires rotation as I keep a set of tires off I label them with #1 being driver corner tire, #2 front pass, and so on clock wise.
That scheme is the one I was leaning towards.
Also, rotation will validate the magic of the automatic tire pressure sensor vs. location on the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts