Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Sedona owners:

I have a 2005 Sedona LX that loves to puncture tires on the rough back roads I drive on. My suspicion is that the 215/70/15 size tires are OK for regular driving but can't cut the mustard on the dirt, stone and gravel roads in my area, especially with a heavy minivan like the Sedona. I've been looking for some light truck or SUV tires of the same size I now have (215/70/15) and all I could come up with are the Yokohama "Geolandar AT-S" series.

Has anybody has any experience with the "Geolandar AT-S" tires? Are there any REAL light truck tires in the 215/70/15 size? I need some tires that can take on real rough roads and not whine and cry and go flat on me.

I had two flat tires on Monday and that really stroked my fur the wrong way.

So......... any recommendations for some truely baaad tires? And I mean some dudes who can take it and go the distance!

Thanks, Martythed

·
Registered
2 Posts
this maybe something to think about. i have 16 inch wheels on my sedona from a chrysler voyeger (strait swop, no problems) my tires are 215/65/16. i have tryed using budget tires but have found them not too like the weight of these vehicules and are ready for the bin in a couple of months.as my wheel and tire size is a common size for 4x4 vehicules i thought i would try them out. these tires have a much stronger side wall and cope with the weight of these vehicules easily and i have no complaints about how my sedona drives with these tires. 4x4 tires may be worth a look at.(you will have to decide what ones)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An interesting idea, sid, and I did give it some thought. However, I just ordered four Geolandar AT-S tires from my mechanic and I'm scheduled to have them installed on the 29th. I'll have to report back after a month or so and let everyone know how they worked out. Thanks for the input, though. Martythed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts