Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when I started the car (it was a very cold morning) the tire pressure light came on. I walked around the car and all the tires look fine (I only have 9000 miles on my car). I drove it to work. Can I just put air in the tires since I know they are filled with nitrogen. Also, is it save to keep driving on the tires with the light on.
I guess I have to check each tire to see what the pressure is first? Thanks

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
yes, and yes

would be helpful to us if you could fill out your DRIVES and LOCATION profile on the left side. Vehicles are not equipped the same worldwide, for example here in Canada we do not have TPMS on any KIA's sold here.

·
Registered
2012 Dune !
6 Posts
Having worked in a few garages in my day, I know all TPMS can be triggered by cold weather. Mine is on right now too, does amyone know how we can reset them w/o having to take it in?

·
Registered
2013 Soul + / Shadow
20 Posts
It is common to have to add air in the winter. I would suggest checking the tire pressure on all 4 tires to rule out that first.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
Add air to the tires to at least door pressure when cold and the light should go out shortly after. If all the tires are equally low(within 1-2psi), it is probably just the cold temps. If one tire is significantly lower than the rest, check it for leaks.

Regular air can be added directly to nitrogen filled tires. It will not cause any problems. Regular air is 78% nitrogen anyway.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul +
34 Posts
All you have to do to get it to turn off is fill the low tire back up with air, not hard at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts