Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Focus
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Parking at my house is limited so one of us has to park under some Leland cypress trees and they constantly drip sap onto the windshield and the hood. So far the only thing we have found to get it off is a scraper and it takes FOREVER! Any ideas of what might get it off with a little less scraping?

I know the ultimate solution is to remove the trees but they belong to the neighbors who hate us so that is unlikely. We do plan to trim everything we can on our side of the fence, but it hasn't gotten cold enough yet to do it.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX 3.3
61 Posts
Poorboy's World has a product called Bird Sh#t Remover which works well on tree sap as well. Just follow the directions carefully, and don't rub the car's finish hard.

·
Registered
Soul
54 Posts
The key in preventing severe damage of your paint from bird poo and tree sap is by removing it as fast as you can. I just use QD and mf towel to pick up the thing.

·
Super Moderator
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
Alcohol.
Isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) or even regular vodka - this one can be a little too weak. You might need something like 70% or more.

·
Super Moderator
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
Won't damage or strip off the paint and sealant?
I am not sure about any wax/sealant applied post factory, but paint will not be damaged.

·
Registered
2018 Soul EX+ (Canadian)
9 Posts
I learned camping last summer that olive oil works great for getting sap off of your hands. I've never had to use it on paint but its worth a try. On your hands at least, just rub them together and the sap rolls up and comes right off.

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
547 Posts
I believe WD40 as well as diesel fuel take sap off very well without damaging paint. Put paper towel on the area, spray with WD40 and let it soak in, wet towel will stay there, wipe off, reapply if there is too much or baked on sap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts