Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Rio
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the timing belt, water pump, and tensioners on an 03 Kia Rio about 3 months ago. Now it seems that the timing is a little retarded without the A/C on and alot retarded with A/C on. So I took the upper cover off and rotated the crank to check the timing mark on the lower pulley against the timing marks on the cams. My question is which mark on the lower cover does the mark on the lower pulley align with for TDC? Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a great day.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Rio
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sluggish Rio

If I remember correctly, it is the first longest line from the radiator side. I think it is marked with a T or 0 but honestly I'm not 100% on that.
Ok I see the T and the long line, but I was not certain the T went with the long line or the edge of the marking area. Thanks Dsolorio for the reply. If anyone knows for sure, please feel free to post. Looking at making an adjustment to the cam timing instead of removing the lower cover, pulley and belts in the near future, so I would love to use the cover marks to set the crank versus taking it all the way down.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul+, Kia Sportage SX FWD
472 Posts
Easiest way to be sure you have the right mark, is pull plug and see if piston is really at top dead center. When it is , that line on the pulley should be right at the TDC mark on the cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts