Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me where I can get a timing chain kit for a Kia ceed 1.6 crdi 2008 to include the crank shaft sprocket? I can get a kit from the UK but it does not include the crank shaft sprocket. I live in Ireland. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timing chain has slipped and car will start but cuts out. Garage says it will cost about €1700 to repair so bit pricey.

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
Timing chain has slipped and car will start but cuts out. Garage says it will cost about €1700 to repair so bit pricey.
Sorry to hear your troubles WexfordGirl. Cost sounds very expensive. Have to presume timing chain is adjacent to engine bulkhead like a Saab I was once unfortunate to own. They explained the slippage was due to my driving, not a fault of works assembly, so no guarantee work and had to remove the engine myself. I must assume Kia are taking the same line?
Can you get on the internet as a search for Kia parts has some good results? Petch comes to mind for one supplier of spares.

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Sorry to hear your troubles WexfordGirl. Cost sounds very expensive. Have to presume timing chain is adjacent to engine bulkhead like a Saab I was once unfortunate to own. They explained the slippage was due to my driving, not a fault of works assembly, so no guarantee work and had to remove the engine myself. I must assume Kia are taking the same line?
Can you get on the internet as a search for Kia parts has some good results? Petch comes to mind for one supplier of spares.

What on earth was supposed to be the fault with your driving that caused it to happen?
:unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Can you get on the internet as a search for Kia parts has some good results? Petch comes to mind for one supplier of spares.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have emailed Petch now and will follow with a phone call tomorrow. There is 183000KM on the car so they say just wear and tear.
Thank for your advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I have tried to order sprocket seperately but they dont supply the crank shaft one. I cannot understand that they supply a kit but leave out one piece. I tried Euro parts and it seems like they dont do timing chain kits. Thanks the search goes on.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Is the crankshaft sprocket listed with its own part number. Or is it an interference fit on the crankshaft and non replaceable? If so a replacement engine from a write off may be the only answer. I have seen a diagram of the timing chain and it shows the sprocket as a separate part but that does not prove it is removable.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
183k sounds like a reasonable mileage tho :)
However, surely you should be able to replace that item if it dies. Good luck with the continued search, hope they can turn up something for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts