Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo LX V6; 2.7L
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2.7 V6now has 86K miles and I know it's well past time to change the TB. I believe I have also read that one should change the water pump and serpentine belt- none of which I have ever messed with in my 70K miles of ownership.

I am a decent mechanic and have tools, I guess my question is- has anyone here ever done it themselves? How hard is it? How long did it take? Would you do it again?
Is there a step by step guide, or video?

Sorry, I tried the search feature but did not find what I am looking for

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX Tech/Premium; 2008 Rondo EX V6 7-seater
255 Posts
Just FYI, I believe there is a kit sold on eBay with all the various parts you'll need for the job, I recall seeing it on one of the discussions here on the Rondo message boards. If you go for it, it may be worthwhile to buy that kit? You might find it by doing a search on this forum, sorry I don't recall the exact link.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
I would suggest that you search he Optima section of these forums for "2.7" and"timing belt" . Same engine more responses. You may have to "move" some different items and adapt your attack but the belt and parts will be laid out the same..Get parts at rockauto.com.
Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would suggest that you search he Optima section of these forums for "2.7" and"timing belt" . Same engine more responses. You may have to "move" some different items and adapt your attack but the belt and parts will be laid out the same..Get parts at rockauto.com.
Dave
After reading up on it I think I'll spend $800 and have the Timing, serpentine belt, water pump and crank and cam seals all done by pros.

Now, if I could just find a replacement dome light assembly.... :(:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts