Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sorento KX3 2017
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we purchased a 2017 model Sorento from a Dealership in October 2019. During discussions prior to purchase it was agreed with the salesman that 3 of the alloys wheels would be replaced under warranty as they were showing signs of corrosion under the lacquer. Photos were taken and the relevant paperwork was submitted to Kia to get the replacement wheels agreed. Now despite various phone calls to the dealership over the last few months I have still not received any confirmation that the repair/replacement has been agreed with Kia or any date to take the car in. I was told at the time that it takes 'ages' to get Kia approval for warranty work but I am beginning to think that if I don't continually chase them up over this work it will just never happen. What is a 'reasonable' time to expect to wait to get work like this done? Its great having a 7 year warranty but if you have to constantly chase them to carry out the work the extend warranty starts to look a bit hollow. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
11,008 Posts
Hi, we purchased a 2017 model Sorento from a Dealership in October 2019. During discussions prior to purchase it was agreed with the salesman that 3 of the alloys wheels would be replaced under warranty as they were showing signs of corrosion under the lacquer. Photos were taken and the relevant paperwork was submitted to Kia to get the replacement wheels agreed. Now despite various phone calls to the dealership over the last few months I have still not received any confirmation that the repair/replacement has been agreed with Kia or any date to take the car in. I was told at the time that it takes 'ages' to get Kia approval for warranty work but I am beginning to think that if I don't continually chase them up over this work it will just never happen. What is a 'reasonable' time to expect to wait to get work like this done? Its great having a 7 year warranty but if you have to constantly chase them to carry out the work the extend warranty starts to look a bit hollow. Thanks
If you don't have that agreement in writing, you don't stand a chance - that is more a "sales terms" than a warranty issue, and very doubtful that Kia Corp. would warranty that kind of thing.

Kia Corp. typically respond to a legitimate warranty claim within a week.

You could ask the dealership for the case number so that you can call Kia Corp. direct, and I'm guessing they won't be able to provide that.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
894 Posts
Sorry to say I agree with Ron1004. Unless you had this agreement in writing at the time of the deal your on thin ice. You could personally go to the dealership and confront the sales person whom you made this agreement with. Most likely he will deny any such statement. You could ask for a meeting with the owner of the dealership and the sales person asking face to face why your promised warranty has not been honored. The owner may have pity on you and perhaps provide a wire brush repair of the surfaces which are corroding.

That all said, its not the end of the world and a valuable lesson was learned. Trust no one. Get everything in writing. If they won't put something in writing prepare to walk away.....good luck!

·
Registered
Kia Sorento KX3 2017
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to say I agree with Ron1004. Unless you had this agreement in writing at the time of the deal your on thin ice. You could personally go to the dealership and confront the sales person whom you made this agreement with. Most likely he will deny any such statement. You could ask for a meeting with the owner of the dealership and the sales person asking face to face why your promised warranty has not been honored. The owner may have pity on you and perhaps provide a wire brush repair of the surfaces which are corroding.

That all said, its not the end of the world and a valuable lesson was learned. Trust no one. Get everything in writing. If they won't put something in writing prepare to walk away.....good luck!
Thanks for all the replies, I've just had a call from the dealership who have confirmed that Kia have rejected the warranty claim (surprise surprise) so I am now left with chasing the dealership and the sales guy to honour what was agreed at the point of sale. As you say lesson learned, I have checked the sales receipt and there is no mention of the warranty work so I have nothing in writing to prove what was agreed. Unfortunately typical sales guy, just say anything to get the sale, a depressingly familiar story I'm affraid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts