Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I go to set my clock back and in setup/clock the time settings are greyed back. Can anyone advise how to set the time? I cannot find anything online. I checked the infotainment manual and it says should be able to set it under setup/clock...no luck.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Push all buttons and then figure out which is for clock......>:D

I think there is clock button or go to setting? I could not remember because Sorento is not mine.:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
The book is pretty much useless on this. It says to use the 'tune' knob to do this and all that does is change the radio channels.

Anyway, with ignition on, just press the Setup button, press the 'Clock' icon then press the Daylight Savings Time icon to Off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Amazing that this functionality is not automatic on a GPS based info system... It is on most of my $40 gadgets in my house, phones, tablets, computers, digital timers, alarm clock, etc... But on my $50K car, I have to remove the DST manually. Makes you wonder.

·
Registered
650 Posts
GPS time doesn't contain any information about Daylight Saving time. The devices that use GPS time have to be programmed to change based on date and location. And since the dates for Daylight Saving time can and have changed, it usually isn't incorporated in devices that don't get regular software updates.

Cell phones get their time from the cell network which is where the time adjustments take place. Tablets usually ger thier time from an internet time server or have the change programmed in software. Computers get their time through the internet and the change is programmed in the OS. When the dates changed a few years back, Microsoft had to issue patches so the time would automatically adjust properly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
"it usually isn't incorporated in devices that don't get regular software updates."

That explains it. Makes sense. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go to the settings and hit clock and turn off daylight savings time ... then your clock will turn back one hr ... when daylight savngs time is over .. put it back and it will go forward an hour .. took me half a day to figure that one out !!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Amazing that this functionality is not automatic on a GPS based info system... It is on most of my $40 gadgets in my house, phones, tablets, computers, digital timers, alarm clock, etc... But on my $50K car, I have to remove the DST manually. Makes you wonder.
And it probably doesn't know that most of AZ doesn't do the DST Shuffle

;->

·
Registered
35 Posts

Don't be discouraged, vehicles priced 4 times as much as your KIA is the same way where DST needs to be manually turned off. (Porsche)

·
Registered
2 Posts
setting lock on 2015 kia

I don't have a touch screen, or a settting to switch from dst to other time. Do I turn the knob to change the time? If I press it, it just changes the station.

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
I don't have a touch screen, or a settting to switch from dst to other time. Do I turn the knob to change the time? If I press it, it just changes the station.
would be helpful if we knew what vehicle you have and the model - 2015 KIA isn't much to go on to give you an accurate answer :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
conwelpic
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing