Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New member here so firstly "Hello" to all :)

My company hack is due up for renewal next month so I am starting to look into the options. Currently in a Mazda 6, but have since aquired a dog so need an estate (or Sportswagon!)

Options are really a Ceed SW, or Focus Estate. I've been reading lots of threads on here - loads of useful information. Just really after some 'owner reviews'.

Has anyone come from a similar car as my Mazda to the Kia, or have experience of a Focus in comparison to the Ceed? I'm really swaying toward the Ceed, it's a fantastic looking car and full of toys.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
We went from a 55 plate C-Max 1.6 TDCI to a MY2011 Ceed 3 SW 1.6 CRDi. No regrets whatsoever. The Ceed is quicker, more economical, more spacious and more comfortable plus it has loads more toys. Having had a brief look at the new model in the showroom I concluded it would be at the top of my wish list if I was buying a new car now but I would only buy the "2" spec CRDi. The "3"'s and "4"'s are too expensive and the "2" would give me 99.9% of the toys I actually need.

Wish i had thought of your user name.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We went from a 55 plate C-Max 1.6 TDCI to a MY2011 Ceed 3 SW 1.6 CRDi. No regrets whatsoever. The Ceed is quicker, more economical, more spacious and more comfortable plus it has loads more toys. Having had a brief look at the new model in the showroom I concluded it would be at the top of my wish list if I was buying a new car now but I would only buy the "2" spec CRDi. The "3"'s and "4"'s are too expensive and the "2" would give me 99.9% of the toys I actually need.

Wish i had thought of your user name.
:lol: Username was the first thing I could think of when I registered! Looks like I'm in good company..

Thanks for the quick reply - I've had a sit in a '4' the showroom, it was a nice place to be. I'm hoping to get one on a few day trial so I can really put it through it's paces.

Luckily, it's not my money so I should be able to get on the top spec jobs. Would love heated seats in this weather!

Economy is very important for me - I'm doing 40K per year so all sounds good.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Had a 2009 pro_ceed for 2 years, loved it to bits mate. Handled really well, fun to drive & not bad on the juice for a petrol. I really fancy the new SW's and would gladly go for one if buying new, though I'd sell my grandma for a next gen pro_cee'd :D

Had 3 years of completely trouble free motoring in KIA's - few items that failed were quickly & easily replaced by kia with no hassle or query. The warranty is good (way better than Ford's effort) and they're great looking cars to boot. All Good :)
And welcome to the forum mate, glad to have you on board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a 2009 pro_ceed for 2 years, loved it to bits mate. Handled really well, fun to drive & not bad on the juice for a petrol. I really fancy the new SW's and would gladly go for one if buying new, though I'd sell my grandma for a next gen pro_cee'd :D

Had 3 years of completely trouble free motoring in KIA's - few items that failed were quickly & easily replaced by kia with no hassle or query. The warranty is good (way better than Ford's effort) and they're great looking cars to boot. All Good :)
And welcome to the forum mate, glad to have you on board.
Thanks for the warm welcome mate - and for the experience you've had with KIA's.

Just seen a few of your posts.. am sorry to see your car looking like that.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Luckily, it's not my money so I should be able to get on the top spec jobs. Would love heated seats in this weather!

Economy is very important for me - I'm doing 40K per year so all sounds good.
Had a few cars with heated seats and I think that heated seats are a necessity if you get leather seats, but with none leather not really really needed.

I do a similar mileage to you and have had a Ford and while I though it was great, reliable and very easy to live with, by about 40k I thought the Duratorq Diesel had become a lot more rattly and noisy and the Ford dealers did not want to know. Saying "they all do that". My Kia has done 60k and the engine does not sound any less tight than when new. The Ford engine is actually a Peugeot engine and as well as Ford and PSA cars, is also found in the Mini, Volvo and Mazda cars.

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Hi All,

New member here so firstly "Hello" to all :)

My company hack is due up for renewal next month so I am starting to look into the options. Currently in a Mazda 6, but have since aquired a dog so need an estate (or Sportswagon!)

Options are really a Ceed SW, or Focus Estate. I've been reading lots of threads on here - loads of useful information. Just really after some 'owner reviews'.

Has anyone come from a similar car as my Mazda to the Kia, or have experience of a Focus in comparison to the Ceed? I'm really swaying toward the Ceed, it's a fantastic looking car and full of toys.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi and welcome to the forum. I remember many, many years ago I had to get a different company car because a baby arrived (not a dog!) :lol:

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
No experience with the Ceed, but KIA Cerato (Forte) seems to be a similar model. No trouble with ours in the 18 months we've had it. Basic model with few toys; drives well, but not as good as a Mazda 6.

Our Mazda 6 is the 2003 model and it almost seems that KIA has based the Cerato on this older Mazda; same basic dimensions, similar performance etc.

Have you considered a new Mazda 6 Wagon? Possibly higher price range than you planned.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have you considered a new Mazda 6 Wagon? Possibly higher price range than you planned.
We looked the Mazda 6 when we bought ours. It was way more expensive, not as big for carrying luggage or people plus it had a disastrous record of DPF failures costing £1000's that Mazda would not cover under warranty. Servicing was also very expensive.

Our Mazda 6 is the 2003 model and it almost seems that KIA has based the Cerato on this older Mazda; same basic dimensions, similar performance etc.
You could say that about every medium sized car on the market.

The Ceed was ground up new design for Europe, no idea what the Cerato.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome mate - and for the experience you've had with KIA's.

Just seen a few of your posts.. am sorry to see your car looking like that.
You're very welcome, and thanks mate, so am I :(
However, I've stuck around here, as the folk are friendly, funny & informative too.

Joined an Astra forum (as that's my 'new' ride - for my sins) and they're nowhere near as much fun :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi and welcome to the forum. I remember many, many years ago I had to get a different company car because a baby arrived (not a dog!) :lol:
Ha Ha! I've not been automatically allowed to change the car because of the dog.. have had to wait till end of lease!! Still, I think he'll like the extra room in an estate!

No experience with the Ceed, but KIA Cerato (Forte) seems to be a similar model. No trouble with ours in the 18 months we've had it. Basic model with few toys; drives well, but not as good as a Mazda 6.

The New 6 (out next year) look very tasty, but think it will be above budget when it arrives, and maybe not in time for order deadline too! The estate version of mine, so the current 6 is probably do-able as bargains to be had, but fancy a bit of a change too.

We looked the Mazda 6 when we bought ours. It was way more expensive, not as big for carrying luggage or people plus it had a disastrous record of DPF failures costing £1000's that Mazda would not cover under warranty. Servicing was also very expensive.
I've seen those stories too. Sounds horrific when it happens. Touch wood, mine has been okay..

You're very welcome, and thanks mate, so am I :(
However, I've stuck around here, as the folk are friendly, funny & informative too.

Joined an Astra forum (as that's my 'new' ride - for my sins) and they're nowhere near as much fun :p
:D

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Are the Kia and the Ford the only options? That would seem quite limited these days most, most companies offer a bigger choice especially as a company car is a lot less of a perk these days due to they way you are hit for tax.

Just a thought, if your company offers a cash option instead you may like to look at Car Allowance or Company Car - Cash or Car - Company Car Tax Advice which will calculate if you are better off taking cash and owning your own car. I opted out of company cars about 2001 when I found out I would be better off taking cash instead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts