Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2005; 5 Speed MT 2WD; RHD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

a little info about my car i have a Sportage from 2005 the 2.0i gasoline 5speed manual 2WD 180K km on the clock.
The problem that i have is a noise and a play/slack problem. i've been to 2 different dealers but they do not believe that their is something wrong.
what is the problem u might ask?, well let me tel u.
when driving and you let go of the gas pedal u can feel and hear a knock coming from the transmission side. it also occurs when u accelerate from coasting (and vice versa). and when going from reverse to first gear then accelerating with the car from a standstill (and vice versa) .
upon some research it feel and sounds almost like driving whit worn engine mounts (those are intact in my car) or a worn DMF. (my car does not have one as far i know)
And when accelerating with the car from a standstill u can feel the car "stutter" (some times) when disengaging the clutch slowly.
and u can feel the "slag/play" when driving whit the AC on (when the AC pump kicks in).
in short there is some "delay" between "mass change". between the stages of using the engine to accelerate or to decelerate whit it.
the sound sounds like a metal knock a click noise.

its a giant paint in the *** when driving i must be so car full whit the clutch to make it comfortable and nut jitters/stutter when shifting gears.

i hope some one has had this before or know something about this.

kind regards , Joury

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,083 Posts
Take a look at the below - does it sound like what you're experiencing?

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2005; 5 Speed MT 2WD; RHD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take a look at the below - does it sound like what you're experiencing?

Hi there, thanks but no that not the case as far as i know. its not a constant noise it only occurs when shifting mass. like letting go of the accelerator.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,083 Posts
If you can replicate it for the dealership and they still deny there's a problem, escalate it to Kia Corp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts