Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sedona, 2002 VW Jetta TDI
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 kia sedona seems to have a very sencitive throttle. I do not drive this on a regular basis and when I do it seems like a very little touch of the throttle wants to make the front wheels spin. This is our third Sedona and I do not remember the throttle beeing this sencitive. Is there a way to adjust it?

·
Registered
1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon, 2003 Kia Sedona, 2012 Kia Sedona, 2007 Hyundai Tucson
48 Posts
Your new Kia has 271 hp and gets 18/25 mpg. It's a monster engine. My old 2003 has 195 hp and gets 14/18 mpg. I think mine is already fast enough.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi Mike6412,
I do not believe there is any adjustment possible on the throtle. I have the same problem but you get used to after a while. One tip that I have found useful is when stopped put the transmission into the manual mode and it should indicate 1st gear. Whilst stopped push the lever forward and it will go into 2nd gear even though you are stationary. You can take off in the gear which will be smoother and this will prevent the wheels spinning.

Once moving just push the gear level back into auto mode.

This tip is actually in the owners manual supplied with the car.

I assume your car is an automatic.

cheers, John

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Is it possible that you have a health problem and your feet/toes have lost some sensitivity? (This is a serious question, not a send-up).

A friend who was undergoing chemotherapy had problems driving his manual car. Diabetes can cause similar lack of sensitivity. (Peripheral neuropathy).

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is possible there is an option for throtle adjustmement. These cars have a electronically controled throtle via the computer, so any adjustment if possible would have to be done by a dealer with access to the equipment to allow the computer to be reprogrammed.

Remember these cars are designed to tow up to two tons and the first gear throtle responsivness is probably to assist in moving off with a heavy load. The Kia owners manual does give the driving tip to take off in second gear from a stationary position. I find this very useful in heavy stop start traffic or when turning at an intersection, especially when the road is wet.

I am assuming that your car is an automatic. I am from Australia and the only ones available here are automatics. As was stated in an earlier post the engine in the 2012 models is a powerfull engine and probably an overkill for the car. The car is a heavy beast and by putting a large enignie and a 6 speed gearbox gives good performance and fuel economy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts